Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury №3 2019
PhD E.S. Zherlygina1
1St. Petersburg Mining University, St. Petersburg
The educational system, like information society in general, is currently undergoing significant qualitative changes due to the development of various interactive technologies and their increasing influence on all spheres of human activity. Distance education technologies are increasingly popular nowadays for a variety of needs – for instance, when the university students need to clear their attendance arrears (accumulated for whatever reasons) in some disciplines including the physical education one. It may be beneficial for the academic education system to offer supplementary online theoretical education courses with an interim test system designed as follows. When a student fails to attend and wants to avoid an absence note and bridge the knowledge gap, he/she may opt for an online training session and pass the relevant online test, with the test results automatically reported to the teacher by the system and, in case of success, the student will be cleared for the session examination. When a student accumulates high arrears and fails to bridge the gaps by the online sessions, he/ she will be offered a distance physical education course, followed by the theoretical physical education knowledge tests. We run a questionnaire survey of the 1-2-year Saint Petersburg Mining University student sample representing every university department to explore the potential demand for such a theoretical physical education online course.
Keywords: education system, online course, internet technologies, education service market.
- Batayev A.V. Analiz mirovogo rynka distantsionnogo obrazovaniya [Analysis of global distance education market]. Molodoy ucheny, 2015, no. 20, pp. 205-208. Available at: https://moluch.ru/archive/100/22587/ [date of access: 29.10.2018].
- Grigor'ev V.I., Shubin Yu.K., Panchenko I.A., Zinov'ev N.A. Upravlenie fizicheskoy podgotovkoy studentov na osnove primeneniya ballno-reytingovogo kontrolya [Management of Physical Training of Students Based on the Use of Score Rating Control]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2014, no. 6, pp. 10-12.
- Kozelkov O.V. Distantsionnoe obuchenie v vysshem obrazovanii: realnost i perspektivy [Distance education in higher education: reality and perspectives]. Aktualnye problemy gumanitarnykh i estestvennykh nauk, 2017, no. 3-1, pp. 91-93.
- Merenkov A.V., Sushchenko A.D. Potrebnosti studentov vuzov v dopolnitelnom obrazovanii: osobennosti formirovaniya i realizatsii [Requirements of university students in additional education: features of cultivation and implementation]. Voprosy obrazovaniya, 2016, no. 3, pp. 204-223. Available at: https://vo.hse.ru/data/2016/09/19/1123209073/Merenkov.pdf [date of access: 29.10.2018]
- Romanova N.L. Onlayn-kursy kak innovatsionnaya forma distantsionnogo obucheniya [Online courses as innovative form of distance learning]. Pedagogika vysshey shkoly, 2018, no. 2, pp. 5-8. Available at: https://moluch.ru/th/3/archive/86/3178/ [date of access: 29.10.2018].
- Savelyev D.S., Zherlygina E.S. Psikhologicheskie aspekty onlayn-obucheniya i organizatsiya objektivnogo testirovaniya znaniy obuchayushchikhsya [Psychological aspects of online learning and organization of objective testing of students' knowledge]. Psikhologo-sotsialnaya rabota v sovremennom obschestve: problemy i resheniya [Psychological and social work in modern society: problems and solutions]. Proc. intern. res.-pract. conf., 2018, pp. 196-197.
- Chto meshaet rasprostraneniyu onlayn-obrazovaniya [Why online education is not so popular]. [Electronic resource]. Available at: https://mel.fm/blog/aleksandr-nikitin1/58473-chto-meshayet-rasprostranen... [date of access: 29.10.2018]