PhD, Associate Professor M.V. Osychenko1
1Stavropol State Agrarian University, Stavropol
The study analyzes the key issues with concern to the students’ health protection and building initiatives to secure good academic progress followed by a successful professional career. The modern academic educational process is so intensive that due mobilization of the body functionality and resource is critical for success in the academic educational period. The academic process workloads are increasingly dominated by intellectual, emotional and mental stresses rather than only physical ones. As a result, students are increasingly exposed to fatigues and burnouts associated with nervous system diseases and other health disorders. Physical activity shall be high enough to mobilize the functionality reserves and improve the students’ health and wellbeing. The study analyzes benefits of a few health building systems applicable in the academic educational process. The authors have developed a combined fitness program for the students’ health and physical working capacity building. The program was found beneficial due to the reasonable combination of the health fitness with the body tempering practices that was proved more effective than the traditional fitness-only health practices. The training program was found to activate the bodily defense systems and effectively build up the physical and intellectual working capacity. The positive effects of the new combined fitness program supported by the reasonably designed diets secured progress of the trainees in the post-training rehabilitation too.
Keywords: students, combined fitness program, mental and emotional stresses, physical and intellectual working capacity.
- Bogoeva M.D. Postroenie protsessa fizicheskogo vospitaniya studentov spetsialnoy meditsinskoy gruppy s ogranichennymi vozmozhnostyami serdechno-sosudistoy sistemy. Dis. kand. ped. nauk [Physical education process planning for special health group students with circulatory system diseases. PhD diss.]. St. Petersburg, 2011, 253 p.
- Gorshkova A.N. Tekhnologiya ozdorovitelnykh zanyatiy akvaaerobikoy s zhenschinami 36-45 let. Dis. kand. ped. nauk [Technology of water fitness with 36-45 year-old females. PhD diss.]. Chelyabinsk, 2013, 207 p.
- Konik A.A. Povyshenie fizicheskoy rabotosposobnosti studentov nefizkulturnogo vuza na osnove ozdorovitelnykh zanyatiy s otyagoscheniyami. Dis. kand. ped. nauk [Improvement of physical working capacity of non-sports university students via health weight training sessions. PhD diss.]. Belgorod, 2013, 190 p.
- Osychenko M.V., Skripkin V.S. Vozmozhnost korrektsii pokazateley fizicheskoy podgotovlennosti i fizicheskoy rabotosposobnosti fizkulturnikov na fone vvedeniya v ratsion pitaniya laminarii [Correctional potential of physical fitness and physical performance indices of physical education teachers at the background of introduction of kelp into diet]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2014, no. 4, pp. 47-50.
- Osychenko M.V. Vliyanie neblagopriyatnykh ekologicheskikh faktorov na sostoyanie zdorovya i fizicheskoe razvitie studentov v protsesse uchebnoy deyatelnosti po fizicheskoy kulture [Influence of unfavourable environmental factors on students' health and physical development in academic physical education practices]. Vestnik APK Stavropolya, 2013, no. 2 (10), pp. 13-15.
- Pivneva M.M. Ozdorovitelnaya aerobika kak sredstvo povysheniya somaticheskogo zdorovya studentov spetsialnyih meditsinskih grupp. Dis. kand. ped. nauk [Fitness aerobics to improve somatic health of special health group students. PhD diss. ]. Belgorod, 2013, 209 p.
- Timoshina I.N. Aktualizatsiya preemstvennosti soderzhaniya i organizatsii adaptivnogo fizicheskogo vospitaniya detey, podrostkov i uchascheysya molodezhi v obrazovatelnykh uchrezhdeniyakh. Dis. dokt. ped. nauk [Actualization of continuity of the content and organization of adaptive physical education for children, teenagers and students at educational establishments. Doct. diss. ]. Ulyanovsk, 2007, 368 p.
- Usenko A.I. Korrektsiya rechevoy funktsii uchaschikhsya mladshikh klassov spetsializirovannoy rechevoy shkoly sredstvami fizicheskogo vospitaniya. Dis. .dokt .ped. nauk [Correction of speech function in primary pupils of specialized speech school by means of physical education. Doct. diss.]. Krasnodar, 2000,168 p.
- Filimonova N.P. Professionalno-orientirovanny podkhod k fizicheskoy kulture spetsialista po sotsialnoy rabote. Dis. dokt. ped. nauk [Professional approach to physical education of social work specialist. Doct. diss.]. Moscow, 2005, 168 p.
- Fedorova O.N. Kompleksnoe primenenie sredstv pilatesa i akvaaerobiki na zanyatiyah s zhenschinami vtorogo perioda zrelogo vozrasta. Dis. .kand. ped. nauk [Comprehensive application of pilates and water aerobics in classes with women in second adulthood. PhD diss.]. St. Petersburg, 2012, 213 p.