Consumer Values of modern sports viewed as socially importnat phenomenon
Dr.Sc.Psych., Professor V.B. Myakonkov1
PhD, Associate Professor Т.V. Kopylova2
1Lesgaft National State University of Physical Education, Sport and Health, St. Petersburg
2Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, St. Petersburg
The study offers an integrated approach to perception of modern sports as a socially important phenomenon. The approach is based on a retrospective analysis of the global sport progress and the sport culture contribution to the social and economic development worldwide within the certain evolutionary stages. Further philosophical analyses of the modern sport sector may help define the sports on the whole and their specific disciplines in particular as independent research subjects, with a special attention given to the metaphysical and axiological status of sports and the relevant internal and external factors of influence on the consumer demand and behaviour in the sport sector. We offered a set of criteria to define the status of modern sports in the socio-economic system with a special emphasis on a functionality-based approach to the sports; and developed on this basis a classification of the social functions of sports. The philosophical and sociological approaches to the studies of modern sports make it possible to identify their consumer values in the modern world. Based on the available approaches to classification of the modern sport values, we offer to give a key role to those of them that are the most important for a consumer personality and, hence, the most influential on the consumer behaviours in the sport sector.
Keywords: sports, consumer values of sports, sport evolution in social world, social functions of sports, criteria of sport status, sport as socially important phenomenon.
- Komarov S.N., Tsaturova K.A., Kuramshin Y.F. Istoriya fizicheskoy kultury. Ucheb. posobie dlya studentov [History of Physical Education. Textbook for higher educ. est.]. Moscow: Academia publ. publ., 2013, 240 p.
- Korzh N.V. Problema tsennostey i ustanovok v sotsiologii [The problem of values and attitudes in sociology]. Voprosy sovremennoy nauki i praktiki, 2011, no. 3 (34). Available at: http://www.vernadsky.tstu.ru/, free. (Accessed 14.11.2016)
- Lubysheva L.I. Sotsiologiya fizicheskoy kultury i sporta. Uchebnik dlya stud. uchrezhdeniy vysshego obrazovaniya. 4-e izd., pererab. [Sociology of Physical Culture and Sports.Textbook for higher educ. est. 4th ed., rev.]. Moscow: Academia publ. publ., 2016, 272 p.
- Myakonkov V.B. Sotsialno-psikhologicheskoe obespechenie marketingovoy deyatelnosti v sporte. Dis. dokt. psh. [Socio-psychological support of marketing activity in sports. Doctoral diss. (Psych.)]. St. Petersburg, 2004, 324 p.
- Myakonkov V.B. Olimpiyskie tsennosti kak faktor kulturnogo vliyaniya na povedenie potrebitelya [Olympic values as a factor of cultural influence on consumer behaviour]. Mezhdunar. sportivnye yunosheskie Igry stran SNG, Baltii i regionov Rossii: mater. konf. «Olimpiyskoe dvizhenie i sotsialnye protsessy» v ramkakh II Mezhdunar. foruma «Molodezh–Nauka–Olimpizm» [Proc. Intern. sports youth games of CIS countries, Baltics and Russian regions. Proc. Conf. "Olympic Movement and social processes" in the framework of II Intern. Forum "Youth-Science-Olympism"], Moscow, June 15-18, 2002. Moscow: Sovetskiy sport publ., 2002, pp. 67-71.
- Stolyarov V.I. Filosofiya fizicheskoy kultury sporta. Kniga 1. Metafilosofskiy analiz: filosofiya fizicheskoy kultury i sporta kak osobaya filosofskaya distsiplina [Philosophy of Physical Culture and Sports. Book 1. Metaphilosophical analysis: philosophy of physical culture and sport as a special philosophical discipline]. Moscow: SSU publ., 2015, 490 .
- Fiskalov V.D. Teoreticheskie osnovy i organizatsiya podgotovki sportsmenov. Ucheb. posobie [Theoretical basis and organization of athletic training. Textbook]. Volgograd, 2010. Available at: http: //www.velib.com/, free. (Accessed 25.01.2017)