Dr.Sc.Phil., Professor, Academician of the Russian Academy of Education G.F. Shafranov-Kutsev
PhD, Associate Professor L.M. Volosnikova
PhD, Associate Professor G.Z. Yefimova
Tyumen State University, Tyumen
The article gives findings of the teachers’ life quality survey in the southern Tyumen region and Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Area (YNAA). Objective of the study was to obtain the teacher’s health and physical activity self-rates plus their attitudes to healthy lifestyles. The study data and analyses showed the health self-ratings being largely age-specific and income-level-specific and geographically unspecific i.e. no statistically meaningful differences were found in responses of the southerners and northerners in the subject territory, nor in responses of the rural versus urban subjects. The higher was the income level of a teacher the higher was his/her health self-rating and proneness to a healthy lifestyle. The higher was the physical activity of a respondent the more optimistic was his/her life self-rate. Most of the subjects were found prone to a healthy lifestyle (69% of the Tyumen region southerners and 63% of the YNAA northerners). However, the survey showed the teachers’ physical activity being quite low, with the reported physical practices being dominated by habitual walking (reported by 33% of the sample), while habitual sports were reported by only 5% of the subjects.
Keywords: healthy lifestyle, health protection, physical activity, life quality.
- Volosnikova L.M., Kukuev E.A., Ogorodnova O.V. Lichnostnye kharakteristiki studentov-sportsmenov [University-athletes' personal potential profiling analysis]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2016, no. 7, pp. 58-61.
- Vsemirnaya organizatsiya zdravookhraneniya. Globalnye rekomendatsii po fizicheskoy aktivnosti naseleniya [World Health Organization. Global recommendations on public physical activity], 2010. Available at: http://www.gnicpm.ru/UserFiles/Rekomendacii voz.pdf
- Geryanskaya N.O. Professionalno-lichnostnoe zdorovje uchitelya v usloviyakh modernizatsii obrazovaniya [Personal professional health of teachers under modernization of education]. Mir nauki, kultury, obrazovaniya, 2009, no. 7-2, pp. 234-236.
- Ermakova T.S. Formirovanie kultury budushchego pedagoga v polskih uchebnykh zavedeniyakh [Formation of future teacher's culture in Polish educational institutions]. Fizicheskoe vospitanie studentov, 2014, no. 5, pp. 14-19.
- Zagvyazinskiy V.I., Manzheley I.V. Vozmozhno li v Rossii zdorovjeformiruyushchee obrazovanie [The potential of health forming education in Russia]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2015, no. 11, pp. 94-96.
- Zasypkin V.P., Zborovskiy G.E., Shuklina E.A. Uchitelstvo KhMAO-Yugry kak sotsialno-professionalnaya obschnost [Teachers in KhMAR-Yugra as a socio-professional community]. Tyumen: Aksioma publ., 2013, 352 p.
- Mettus E.V. Zdorovje uchitelya: opredelyayushchie faktory i neobkhodimye usloviya [Teacher's health: determining factors and necessary conditions]. Universum: Vestnik Gertsenovskogo universiteta, 2010, no. 12, pp. 37-39.
- Chimarov V.M., Malyarchuk N.N. Kultura zdorovya pedagoga kak osnova formirovaniya zdorovoy lichnosti v kulturno informatsionnom obrazovatelnom prostranstve [Teacher's health culture as a basis for healthy personality formation in cultural-information education space]. Valeologiya, 2011, no. 2, pp. 80-85.
- Shafranov-Kutsev G.F., Efimova G.Z., Lyubimova E.A., Semenov M.Y. Sotsialno-professionalny portret uchitelstva Yamalo-Nenetskogo avtonomnogo okruga. Informatsionno- analiticheskiy material po itogam sotsiologicheskogo issledovaniya [Socio-professional image of teachers of the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous District: Information and analytical material based on sociological research]. Tyumen: TSU publ., 2016, 166 p.
- Shafranov-Kutsev G.F., Efimova G.Z., Lyubimova E.A. Tyumenskoe uchitelstvo: rabota i kachestvo zhizni [Tyumen teachers: work and quality of life]. Tyumen: TSU-2015 publ., 169 p.