Dr.Biol., Professor N.N. Sentyabrev
PhD A.G. Kamchatnikov
Dr.Med., Associate Professor Е.P. Gorbaneva
Dr.Biol., Professor I.N. Solopov
Volgograd State Academy of Physical Culture, Volgograd
Subject to the study were two groups of sprinters and mid-distance runners (Group 1 and 2), with the G1 athletes administering Rekitsen-RD bioactive food additive (BAFA) per one month and G2 being a reference group. In every stage of the study, the heart rate variability (HRV) of the subjects was tested. After the monthly experiment, tests showed a notable growth of the parasympathetic effects as verified by the HRV indices of G2 group versus the G1 test data showing an insignificant growth of sympathetic activity and а central regulatory system role growing trend. In addition, the G1 athletes were tested with more expressed drop in tension of the regulation mechanisms. The regulatory system activity profiles for G2 showed the body adaptive capability falling trend versus the growing trend in G1. The above intergroup trends were supported by the significant intergroup differences of the HRV data. Having analysed the training logs of the G1 athletes, we found subjectively rated improvements in the digestive and immune system conditions verified, among other things, by a drop in the infectious/ cold sickness rates. There are reasons to believe that the positive effects of Rekitsen-RD BAFA are due to the immune and autonomous nervous system activities being consolidated and the regulatory system activity being improved with the balance insignificantly shifted towards the sympathetic activation mechanism.
Keywords: heart rate variability, immune system, Rekitsen-RD bioactive food additive.
- Kamchatnikov A.G., Seredintseva N.V., Sentyabrev N.N. Optimizatsiya funktsionalnoy podgotovlennosti sportsmenov posredstvom biologicheski aktivnykh dobavok [Optimization of athletes' functional fitness using biologically active additives]. Volgograd, 2009, 183 p.
- Kozlov V.A., Kudaeva O.T. Immunnaya sistema i fizicheskie nagruzki [Immune system and physical activity]. Meditsinskaya immunologiya, 2002, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 427-438.
- Kuznetsov V.F., Kulemin L.M., Kuznetsov S.V. Fermentirovannye pishchevye volokna («Rekitsen-RD», «Ultrasorb») v patologii cheloveka [Fermented dietary fibers ("Rekitsen-RD", "Ultrasorb") in human pathology]. Vyatskiy meditsinskiy vestnik, 2006, no. 2, pp. 144-145.
- Pylaeva I.L., Kolupaev V.A. Vzaimosvyaz pokazateley krovoobrashcheniya i immuniteta u sportsmenov s raznoy dinamikoy aerobnykh fizicheskikh nagruzok v tsikle goda [Interrelation of blood circulation and immunity parameters in athletes with different dynamics of aerobic exercise in annual cycle]. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya, 2012, no. 1; Available at: www.science-education.ru/101-5500
- Shlyk N.I. Serdechny ritm i tip regulyatsii u detey, podrostkov i sportsmenov [Heart rate and type of regulation in children, adolescents and athletes]. Izhevsk: Udmurt University publ., 2009, 259 p.
- Elenkov I.J., Wilder R.L., Chrousos G.P. et al. The sympathetic nerve -an integrative interface between two supersystems: the brain and the immune system. Pharmacol. Rew. 2000, vol. 52, P. 595.
- Simpson R.J., Kunz H., Agha N., Graff R. Exercise and the Regulation of Immune Functions. Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci. 2015; 135:355-80.