PhD, Professor A.I. Kondrukh
Russian State University of Physical Culture, Sports, Youth and Tourism (GTSOLIFK), Moscow
In the context of the ongoing discussion on the notion of sports on the whole and sport classification criteria in particular, we consider herein some essential specifications that make practical shooting a special shooting sport discipline including: highly variable competitive settings plus many factors to vary the shooting conditions (targets placed at different distances and variable in sets, groups, relative positions etc. that are never the same in every competition; shooting positions are always changed in competitions; settings of the shooting positions are varied in competitions; scoring shots may come to 1000; the numbers of targets normally vary around 600–700; different weather conditions; and different technical and ballistic characteristics of the guns); potent fire arms are used in the shooting with the shooter required to rapidly move from one position to the other and change positions (prone, standing, kneeled, squatted, covered etc.); individual/ couple (duel)/ group shooting contests designed to simulate actual fire contacts with one or few opponent(s).
Keywords: sport, classification of sport disciplines, basic concepts of practical shooting.
- Durnev A.I. Otlichitelnye osobennosti metodiki podgotovki strelkov po strelbe iz boevogo oruzhiya ot metodiki pulevoy strelby [Distinctive features of shooters' training technique and bullet shooting technique]. Nauka i praktika, 2015, no. 4 (65), pp. 128-131.
- Kirsh S. Razmyshleniya o prakticheskoy strelbe [Reflections on practical shooting]. Double–Alpha Academy, 2005, 221 p.
- Lenshina M.V. Slovar terminov i kratkikh poyasneniy po kursu «Teoriya i metodika fizicheskoy kultury». Ucheb. posobie [Dictionary of terms and brief explanations ("Theory and Methods of Physical Culture" course)]. Voronezh: VGIFK publ., 2010, 76 p.
- Matveyev L.P. Teoriya i metodika fizicheskoy kultury. Uchebnik [Theory and methods of physical culture. Textbook]. Moscow: Fizkultura i sport; SportAkademPress publ., 2008, 543 p.
- Prikaz Minsporta RF ot 2.09.2013 № 702 «Ob utverzhdenii Poryadka priznaniya vida sporta, sportivnykh distsiplin i vklyucheniya ikh vo Vserossiyskiy reestr vidov sporta i poryadok ego vedeniya» [Order of the Ministry of Sport of the Russian Federation dated 2.09.2013 No. 702 "On the Approval of the Procedure for the Recognition of Sport, Sports Disciplines and their Inclusion in the All-Russian Register of Sports and the Procedure for its Maintenance"]. Available at: http://www.consultant.ru.
- Kuramshin Y.F. Teoriya i metodika fizicheskoy kultury [Theory and Methods of Physical Culture]. Moscow: Sovetskiy sport publ., 2004, 463 p.
- Federalny zakon ot 14.12.2007 № 329-FZ (red. Ot 03.07.2016) «O fizicheskoy kulture i sporte v Rossiyskoy Federatsii» [Federal Law No. 329-FZ of December 14, 2007 (as amended on 03.07.2016) "On Physical Culture and Sport in the Russian Federation"]. Available at: : http://www.consultant.ru.