Dr.Hab., Professor L.B. Andryushchenko1
Dr.Hab., Professor S.V. Chernov1
Master A.A. Markova1
1Russian State University of Physical Culture, Sports, Youth and Tourism (GTSOLIFK), Moscow
2Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation, Moscow
Successful three-point scoring skills are indispensable in any team’s arsenal since presently the three-point throws account for at least 30% of the best teams’ attacks, with the attack success rate varying on average at the same 30%. This is the reason for the high priority being given at present to the three-point scoring success improving tools and methods in the modern basketball theory and practices. Objective of the study was to analyse the competitive three-point scoring statistics of highly-skilled basketball players. The following methods were applied in the study: empirical data collection method including the competitive performance (CP) profiling by the game time and video recording data; analysis of the formal technical game protocols; educational monitoring of the players’ CP; scoring metrics i.e. three-point shooting success rates of the highly-skilled basketball team scorers; and the statistical data processing tools offered by the Microsoft Office Excel 2010.Ink toolkit. Subject to the experiments and analyses under the study were 200 national premier-league basketball players including 58 three-point scorers and their CP records as of the 2015-2016 season. The study has yielded the following results: we identified the factors limiting the competitive three-point scoring; developed a set of criteria to rate the competitive performance of the three-point scorers; and recommended the coaches making an emphasis on the three-point scoring attempts being taken with due consideration for the individual conditions and capacities of the team scorers and stress levels of the game situations. The study data and analyses made it possible to offer an efficient three-point scoring success improvement method based on a prudent competitive performance management model.
Keywords: basketball, competitive performance, three-point scorers.
- Andreev V.I., Kapilevich L.V., Marchenko N.V. Brosok v pryzhke v basketbole. Biomekhanicheskie osnovy i sovershenstvovanie tekhniki. Ucheb. posobie [Jumper in basketball. Biomechanical basics and excelling technology. Study guide]. Tomsk: Polytechnic University publ., 2009, 144 p.
- Andryushchenko O.N., Averyasov V.V., Averyasova J.O. Organizatsiya uchebno-trenirovochnogo protsessa po basketbolu na osnove interaktivnykh tekhnologiy obucheniya [Organization of basketball learning and training process using interactive learning technologies]. Innovatsionnye tekhnologii v nauke i obrazovanii, 2016, no. 1-1 (5), pp. 101-104.
- Andryushchenko L.B. Spetsialnaya podgotovka yunykh basketbolistok k sorevnovatelnoy deyatelnosti v komandakh vysshey ligi v gruppakh vysshego sportivnogo masterstva. Avtoref. dis. kand. ped. nauk [Special pre-season training of junior basketball players in premier league teams in groups of higher sports excellence. PhD diss. abstract]. Moscow, 1988, 24 p.
- Bigeev A.V. Vyyavlenie osnovnykh statisticheskikh pokazateley, vliyayushchikh na rezultat matchey v basketbole [Identification of key statistical indicators affecting match scores in basketball]. Innovatsionnye sredstva i metody podgotovki v sovremennom basketbole [Innovative means and methods of training in modern basketball]. Moscow, 2011, pp. 17-20.
- Botagariev T.A., Kostikova L.V. O nekotorykh pokazatelyakh, opredelyayushchikh kachestvo igry komandy v basketbole [Some indicators of team's performance in basketball]. Sovershenstvovanie spetsialnoy podgotovki sportsmenov vysokoy kvalifikatsii: sb. nauch. statey [Enhancement of special training process of highly skilled athletes. Col. papers]. Alma-Ata, 1990.
- Bolgov A.N. Tekhnologiya upravleniya sorevnovatelnoy deyatelnostyu igrokov kvalifitsirovannoy basketbolnoy komandy. Dis. kand. ped. nauk [Technology management of competitive activity of skilled basketball team players]. Volgograd, 2013, 157 p.
- Yelevich S.N. Dinamika spetsialnoy podgotovlennosti basketbolistov vysokoy kvalifikatsii v sorevnovatelnom periode godichnogo tsikla. Avtoref. dis. kand. ped. nauk [Dynamics of special fitness of highly skilled basketball players in regular season of the annual cycle. PhD diss. abstract]. Moscow, 2004, 24 p.
- Kolotilshchikova S.V. Programmirovannaya takticheskaya podgotovka zhenskikh basketbolnykh komand. Dis. kand. ped. nauk [Programmed tactical training of women's basketball teams. PhD diss.]. Moscow, 2009.
- Loseva I.V., Averyasova J.O., Andryushchenko O.N. Spetsialnaya podgotovka k sorevnovatelnoy deyatelnosti v basketbole [Special training in competitive basketball]. Nauchno-pedagogicheskie shkoly v sfere sporta i fizicheskogo vospitaniya. Mater. I Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. s mezhdunar. uchastiem [Scholar pedagogical schools in the field of sports and physical education. Proc. I Nat. res.-pract. conf. with intern. participation]. RGUFKSMiT publ., 2016, pp. 126-129.
- Orlan I.V., Andryushchenko L.B., Andryushchenko O.N., Bolgov A.N. Tekhnologiya upravleniya sorevnovatelnoy deyatelnostyu basketbolnoy komandy [Basketball team's competitive activity management technology]. Moscow: TR-print publ., 2014, 152 p.
- Rodionov A.V. Psikhologicheskie osnovy podgotovki basketbolistov [Psychological basics of training of basketball players]. Kiev: Zdorovje publ., 1989, 134 p.
- Chernov S.V. Innovatsionnye tekhnologii podgotovki professionalnykh sportivnykh komand [Innovative technologies for training professional sports teams]. Moscow: Premier school publ., 2005, p. 182.