Dr.Biol., Professor R.V. Tambovtseva
PhD, Associate Professor J.L. Voytenko
PhD, Associate Professor A.I. Laptev
Russian State University of Physical Culture, Sport, Youth and Tourism (SCOLIPC), Moscow
Objective of the study was to analyse the effects of small doses of exogenous ammonium succinate on the cardiovascular and respiratory system functionality rates in rehabilitation period following aerobic training loads. Subject to the experiment were 22 highly skilled athletes tested in the aerobic ergometer practices. The subjects’ cardiovascular and respiratory system functionalities were rated in the rehabilitation period following the aerobic practices. The one-time small doses of exogenous ammonium succinate were tested to increase (or keep the same) the rehabilitation process pace as verified by every cardiovascular and respiratory system functionality rate in the rehabilitation period following the aerobic practices even when the workloads were higher than usual. The external respiration rates in the rehabilitation period stayed the same upon administration of ammonium succinate. However, the oxygen demand rates were tested to recover faster in case of ammonium succinate administration versus the rehabilitation process non-assisted by ammonium succinate. On the 3rd minute of the rehabilitation process, lactate contents in blood were 15.5% different from the starting ones with the difference growing with the falling absolute values of lactate.
Keywords: succinic acid, rehabilitation period, cardiovascular and respiratory systems, lactate content.
- Mayevskiy E.I., Grishina E.V., Rozenfeld A.S., Zyakun A.M., Kondrashova M.N., Vereshchagina V.M. Anaerobnoe obrazovanie suktsinata i oblegchenie ego okisleniya – vozmozhnye mekhanizmy adaptatsii kletki k kislorodnomu golodaniyu [Anaerobic production of succinate and its oxidation facilitation - possible mechanisms of cell adaptation to hypoxia]. Biofizika (Biophysics), 2000, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 509 – 513.
- Mayevskiy E.I., Rozenfeld A.S., Grishina E.V., Kondrashova M.N. Korrektsiya metabolicheskogo atsidoza putem podderzhaniya funktsiy mitokhondriy [Correction of metabolic acidosis by maintaining mitochondrial function]. Pushchino, 2001, 155 p.
- Peskov A.B., Mayevskiy E.I., Uchitel' M.L., Kondrashova M.N. Platsebo-kontroliruemoe issledovanie simpatikotonicheskikh effektov biologicheski aktivnykh dobavok na osnove soley yantarnoy kisloty [Placebo-controlled study of sympathicotonic effects of succinic-acid-salt-based dietary supplements]. Biomeditsinskiy zhurnal, 2005, vol. 6, pp. 508 – 514.
- Tambovtseva R.V., Laptev A.I., Voytenko J.L., et al Vliyanie suktsinata ammoniya na aerobnye sposobnosti sportsmenov [Effects of ammonium succinate on aerobic performance of athletes ]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2016, no. 9, pp. 56-59.
- Kondrashova M.N. Terapevticheskoe deystvie yantarnoy kisloty [Succinic acid: therapeutic effect]. Pushchino, 1976, 234 p.