Dr.Med., Professor G.M. Kazantinova1
1Volgograd State Agrarian University (GAU), Volgograd
2National Research University "Higher School of Economics", Moscow
New Russian professional education standards have been implemented to meet the demand of professional community for highly workable specialists. Recent profession-specific working capacity profiling studies have ranked physical working capacity among the key health criteria. The available study reports on the subject provide basic data on the working capacity rates of the students subject to academic physical education and sports in the main and special health groups of the national higher education system. However, we could find no data on the working capacity rates of the students exempted from physical education lessons for health related reasons including a variety of health disorders and physical deficiencies. Objective of the study was to rate physical working capacity of the students exempted from physical education lessons by the following rating tests: Loading Test PWC170, version by V.L. Karpman; and the Maximal Oxygen Demand Test, indirect metering version. The test data showed the generally low physical working capacity rates in the students exempted from the academic physical education lessons, with the first-year students diagnosed with cardiovascular diseases tested with particularly low rates. This article was intended to provide a foothold for the inter-university cooperation to develop practical recommendations on how the students’ working capacity rates should be improved using a variety of innovative health and educational technologies.
Keywords: physical working capacity, students exmpted from physical education lessons, health-impaired students, maximal oxygen demand.
- Alekseev S.V. Trud i zdorovje [Work and health]. Leningrad: Znanie publ., 1989, 32 p.
- Andryushchenko L.B. Monitoring fizicheskogo razvitiya studencheskoy molodezhi Volgogradskoy oblasti [Monitoring of physical development of students in Volgograd Region]. Vestnik Volgogradskogo gosudarstvennogo meditsinskogo universiteta, 2005, no. 2, pp. 31-34.
- Andryushchenko L.B., Andryuschenko O.N. Kompetentnostno orientirovannaya rabochaya programma po distsipline «Fizicheskaya kultura» [Competency building sample program on the discipline "Physical Education"]. Mater. Vseros. nauch.-metod. konf. "Strategiya razvitiya sportivno-massovoy rabotyi so studentami" [Mater. All-Rus. res.-method. conf. "Strategy of development of mass sports activities with students"], 2015, pp. 24-30.
- Andryushchenko L.B., Vitko S.Y. Globalnye tendentsii zdoroveformiruyushchego obraza zhizni v sisteme obrazovatelnykh organizatsiy [Global trends of health building lifestyle in the system of educational organizations]. Pedagogicheskiy opyt: teoriya, metodika, praktika, 2016, no. 4 (9), pp. 332-335.
- Vinogradov M.M. Fiziologiya trudovykh protsessov [Physiology of labour processes]. Moscow: Meditsina publ., 1966, 367 p.
- Vlasova T.N., Kazantinova G.M. Kompleksnaya otsenka sostoyaniya zdorovya studentov pervogo kursa spetsialnogo otdeleniya [Comprehensive assessment of health status of first-year students from special department]. Uchenye zapiski, 2011, no. 10 (80), pp. 55-59.
- Kazantinova G.M., Andryushchenko L.B., Charova T.A. Zdorovy obraz zhizni v professionalnoy deyatelnosti spetsialista. Ucheb. posobie dlya studentov selskokhozyaystvennykh vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy, obuchayuschihsya po distsipline «Fizicheskaya kultura» [Healthy way of life in specialist's professional work. Study guide for agricultural university students studying Physical Education]. Volgograd, 2009.
- Kazantinova G.M. Zdorovjesberegayushchie tekhnologii fizicheskoy kultury dlya studentov iz gruppy «osvobozhdennye» [Health-promotion physical culture technologies for students from group of exempted students]. Volgograd: VSAU publ., 2014, 116 p.
- Kazantinova G.M. Psikhofiziologiya umstvennogo truda [Psychophysiology of mental work]. Volgograd: VSAU publ., 2013, 116 p.
- Karpman V.L., Belotserkovskiy Z.B., Gudkov I.A. Issledovanie fizicheskoy rabotosposobnosti u sportsmenov [Study of athletes' physical working capacity]. Moscow: Fizkultura i sport publ., 1974, 97 p.
- Shutova T.N., Andryushchenko L.B., Vitko S.Y. Fizkulturno-ozdorovitelnye tekhnologii v ukreplenii sostoyaniya zdorovja studentov i sotrudnikov vuza [Health and fitness technologies in protection of university staff and students' health]. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya, 2016, no. 5.