Associate professor, PhD V.I. Skaliush
Associate professor, PhD I.V. Afanas'eva
Moscow State Academy of Physical Culture, Malakhovka, Moscow region
Objective of the study was to optimize the training system for the students not majoring in sports based on special basketball game practices. To help the students master the basketball game basics, we developed sets of special physical practices geared to successfully solve specific educational tasks in the process. The newly designed and purposefully selected practices for the academic Physical Education curriculum in the Team Sports section provide unrestricted opportunities for the individual physical qualities, technical skills and coordination abilities being developed in the students. The sets of special combined exercises give the means to the students to obtain the background knowledge, skills and experience in basketball game to mobilize the individual creative potentials, activate the students’ interest to self-reliant work, individualize the training paths within the mass education process and cultivate due learning and research agenda in the students.
Keywords: special exercises, modular system, technical skill training, applied physical education.
- Afanas'eva I.V. Metodika sovershenstvovaniya professional'no znachimykh koordinatsionnykh sposobnostey u budushchikh spetsialistov-dizaynerov: dis. … kand. ped. (Technique of perfection of professionally significant coordination abilities in future professional designers: PhD thesis) / I.V. Afanas'eva. – Malahovka, 2008. – 161 p.
- Afanas'eva I.V. Fizicheskoe vospitanie basketbolistov v nespetsializirovannykh vuzakh: ucheb. posobie (Physical education for basketball players in non-specialized universities: study guide) / I.V. Afanas'eva. Omsk: Omsk State Institute of Service, 2006. – 31 p.
- Skaliush V.I. Metodika sovershenstvovaniya fizicheskoy podgotovki studentov vuza fizicheskoy kul'tury, obuchayushchikhsya na spetsializatsiyah nesportivnogo profilya: dis. … kand. ped. nauk (Physical training enhancement technique for physical culture university students not majoring in sports: PhD thesis) / V.I. Skaliush. – Malakhovka, 2012. – 133 p.
- Skaliush V.I. Sovershenstvovanie fizicheskoy podgotovki studentov nesportivnogo profilya vuza fizicheskoy kul'tury: monografiya (Physical training enhancement for physical culture university students not majoring in sports: Monograph) / V.I. Skaliush. – Malahovka: MSAPC (MGAFK), 2016. – 180 p.
- Sysoev A. Teoriya i metodika obucheniya bazovym vidam sporta. Podvizhnye igry (Theory and methods of teaching basic sports. Outdoor games) / A. Sysoev, A. Churkin: uchebnik dlya vuzov fiz. kultury. – Moscow: Akademiya, 2013. – 272 p.
- Skaliush V.I., Afanaseva I.V, Prikladnaya fizicheskaya kultura v uchebnom protsesse MGAFK (Applied physical education in MSAPC educational process) / Sb. mater. II Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. s mezhdunar. uchastiem (Proc. of the II All-Russian res.-practical conf. with int. participation) / V.I. Skaliush, I.V. Afanas'eva. – Malakhovka 2015. – P. 135-136.