PhD, Associate Professor V.V. Nakhodkin1
PhD, Professor M.G. Kolodeznikova1
Associate Professor A.N. Semenov1
1Ammosov North-Eastern Federal University, Yakutsk
Competitive success of the sport elite is known to heavily depend on the competitive fitness with its components including the individual mental control and conditioning skills, healthy lifestyles, diets etc., with the mental controls playing the key role in the precompetitive trainings. Objective of the study was to analyze benefits of an ideomotor training model for precompetitive conditioning, fight planning and inspiration in the elite wrestling sport. We used interactive discussions, training process surveys, and adapted Competitive Behaviors Test method for the study purposes, with 20 freestyle wrestlers sampled for the survey. The survey included three questions to rate the following: individual versatility in the wrestling techniques; favored actions within a 15s certain timeframe in extreme competitive situations; and mental control skills and stress tolerance in the extreme competitive situations. The study data gives the grounds to conclude that mental conditioning tools are highly beneficial when the trainings mimic as close as possible the real upcoming bouts, with the fight plans recommended being drafted for every bout albeit reasonably limited in details, with only the key points being specified and trained.
Keywords: freestyle wrestling, athlete, mental conditioning, mental stress tolerance, competitions, ideomotor training, mental control.
- Akopyan A.O., Pankov V.A., Kim A.Yu. Formirovanie metodiki podgotovki bortsov greko-rimskogo stilya v novyih usloviyakh sorevnovatelnoy deyatelnosti [Formation of training methodology for Greco-Roman wrestlers in the new conditions of competitive activity].Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury. 2006. no. 2. pp. 21-23.
- Nakhodkin V.V. Nauka pobezhdat, ili kak vospitat pobeditelya? [Science to win, or how to bring up winner?]. Coach's Guidelines. Yakutsk: ID SVFU publ., 2016. 80 p.
- Nakhodkin V.V. Psikhologicheskie problemy v sorevnovatelnoy deyatelnosti bortsov ili psihologicheskie shtrikhi na kartinu otvetstvennykh sorevnovaniy [Psychological problems in wrestler competitive activity or psychological aspects of big events]. Sostoyanie, opyt i perspektivy razvitiya fizkulturnogo dvizheniya Yakutii, posvyashchennoy 90-letiyu razvitiya fizicheskoy kultury i sporta v RF [State, experience and prospects of development of sports movement of Yakutia, dedicated to the 90th anniversary of development of physical education and sports in Russia]. Proc. reg. res.-pract. conf. Yakutsk: ID SVFU publ., 2013. pp. 109-110.
- Nakhodkin V.V., Portnyagin I.I. Issledovanie psikhicheskikh sostoyaniy vzroslykh i yuniorskikh komand po volnoy borbe [Study of mental states of adult and junior freestyle wrestling teams]. Vysshee obrazovanie segodnya. 2016. no. 1. pp. 77-80.
- Nakhodkin V.V., Aprosimov V.A., Prokopev V.E. Sravnitelny analiz lichnostnykh osobennostey sportsmenov vysokogo klassa [Comparative analysis of personality characteristics of elite athletes]. Obshchestvo: sotsiologiya, psikhologiya, pedagogika. 2018. no. 2. pp. 77-82.