Benefits of artistic gymnastics tools for physical education of 20-25 year old females
PhD, Associate Professor E.S. Inozemtseva1
Master's student E.G. Khatskaleva1
1National Research Tomsk State University, Tomsk
Subject to the study was an artistic-gymnastics-based training model to contribute to the physical education of the 20-25 year old females. An educational process experiment under the study was performed in January through March 2017 on Study Group (SG) and Reference Group (n=20) of the young women engaged in stretching and artistic gymnastic groups in the Stretching.Point Club in Tomsk. The subjects’ reasons and motivations for artistic gymnastics were tested by a questionnaire survey, with 15 women in total being surveyed. The subjects’ special physical qualities prior to and after the educational process experiment were rated by the educational tests to obtain coordination ability, shoulder joint flexibility, strength endurance and lower limb flexibility rates. The SG was trained as required by the experimental artistic-gymnastics-based training model. It was found that a prudent selection and management of the artistic gymnastic tools in the physical education process with a special emphasis on their elementary compositions and training goals facilitates progress in special physical qualities including coordination abilities and strength endurance.
Keywords: physical culture, artistic gymnastics, artistic gymnastic tools.
- Belyaeva M.S. Khudozhestvennaya gimnastika dlya devushek 10 – 11-kh klassov [Artistic gymnastics for 10th-11th grade schoolgirls]. Sport v shkole [School sports], 2003. June, 15  Available at: http://bmsi.ru/doc/5cfe3a02-2f82-4e2b-ac4d-8e289ddec174 (Accessed: 10.06. 2017)
- Wiener-Usmanova I.A., Kryuchek E., Medvedeva E., Terehia R. Teoriya i metodika khudozhestvennoy gimnastiki. Artistichnost i puti ee formirovaniya [Theory and methodology of rhythmic gymnastics. Artistry and ways of its development]. St. Petersburg: Chelovek publ., 2014.
- Lavrukhina G.M. Khudozhestvennaya gimnastika, kak osnova gratsii i privlekatelnosti [Artistic gymnastics as a basis of grace and attraction]. Sb. mater. Mezhdunar. nauch. konf., posvyaschennoy 75-letiyu khudozhestvennoy gimnastiki [Proc. Intern. Sci. Conf. dedicated to the 75th anniversary of rhythmic gymnastics]. November 6, 2009. Lesgaft NSU publ., St. Petersburg, 2010, pp. 36-44.
- Shikhverdiev S.N. Motivatsionnaya korrektsiya sportivnoy deyatelnosti predstaviteley khudozhestvennykh vidov sporta na etape zaversheniya sportivnoy kariery. Sb. mater. [Motivational correction of sports activity of artistic sports representatives at stage of finishing sports career. Col. works]. St. Petersburg: Herzen RSPU publ., 2008, pp. 167-170.
- Inozemtseva E.S., Khatskaleva E.G. Spetsialno-dvigatelnye sposobnosti gimnastok vysokoy kvalifikatsii, neobkhodimye dlya uspeshnogo vypolneniya gruppovykh uprazhneniy khudozhestvennoy gimnastiki [Elite female gymnasts' special motor qualities required for group exercise performance success in rhythmic gymnastics]. Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury, 2016, no. 10, pp. 88-90.