Effects of slide aerobics on female students' functional state and physical development
Dr.Hab., Professor V.G. Shilko1
1National Research Tomsk State University, Tomsk
Objective of the study was to analyse effects of slide-aerobics on the female students’ functional states and physical development under the academic Physical Education discipline. Subject to the experiment were 54 first-year female students of 17-19 years of age from 9 university departments qualified with the main and special preparatory health groups. The study was designed to rate the efficiency of the experimental training model based on the physical development and functional state test rates. We performed repeated tests (prior to and after the experiment) to test the strength endurance of the thigh muscles; speed-strength qualities; and long-term balancing ability (vestibular apparatus test) in special rotation test exercises customised to the slide-aerobic practices with a special emphasis on the cardiovascular system functionality tests.
The study data and analysis showed benefits of the slide-aerobics training model as verified by the female students’ progress in the functional state and physicality rates under the academic Physical Education discipline; it may facilitate the core objectives of the academic physical education being attained with the relevant benefits for development of physical qualities and health improvement of the students.
Keywords: physical development, functional state, female students, physical education, university, slide-aerobics.
- Bezhentseva L.M. Osobennosti metodiki zanyatiy po fizicheskomu vospitaniyu so studentkami Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Specific academic physical education program methodology in Tomsk State University]. Vestnik Tom. gos. un-ta, 2011, no. 344, pp. 160-163.
- Egorova M.A. Funktsionalnye proby. Ucheb. posobie po kursu «Osnovam vrachebnogo kontrolya» [Functional tests. Manual for the "Basics of medical supervision" course]. Bryansk: BSCOR publ., 2013, 48 p.
- Zemlyakova Z.S., Shil'ko V.G. Slayd-aerobika v fizicheskom vospitanii studentov [Slide aerobics in physical education of students]. Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury, 2016, no. 4, pp. 92-95.
- Lyakh V.I. Testy v fizicheskom vospitanii shkolnikov. Posobie dlya uchitelya [Tests in the physical education of schoolchildren. Teacher's manual]. Moscow: AST publ., 1998, 272 p.
- Potovskaya E.S., Kabachkova A.V., Shilko V.G. Primenenie analiza variabelnosti serdechnogo ritma dlya otsenki funktsionalnogo sostoyaniya organizma studentok [Study of heart rate variability to estimate female students' functional state]. Vestnik Tom. gos. un-ta, 2011, no. 346, pp. 140-143.