Ancient ideas accepted in modern artistic fencing
PhD, Associate Professor A.V. Aksenova1
Dr.Sc.Phil. S.B. Kulikov1
1Tomsk State Pedagogical University, Tomsk
The study made an attempt to analyse the influences of ancient heritage on the athletic training systems applied in the modern artistic fencing. It was found that an analysis of the past prototype fencer’s training procedures makes it possible to identify the factors of influence on perception of a modern artistic fencing bout. These factors include the unavoidable gaps in the socio-cultural mutual perceptions of the opponents and their perceptions by the referees. The analysis made it possible to outline the fighters’ behavioural models in different historical periods (Antiquity, Middle Ages and new age) including the images created by fiction. As a result, the authors found that the bout process is perceived in a non-linear manner, with the relevant role models including the real historical prototypes like gladiators in Ancient Rome, for example. Applied as prototypes for the bouts may be also any fictitious character as required by particular competitive conditions and training system.
Keywords: artistic fencing, theatre, temporality, bout, ancient heritage, fighter’s behavioural prototype, artistic design.
- Boyanus S.K. Srednevekovy teatr [Medieval theater]. Ocherki po istorii evropeyskogo teatra [Essays on the history of European theater]. St. Petersburg: Academia publ., 1923, pp. 55-104.
- Lobanov V.V. Razvitie innovatsionnosti dopolnitelnogo obrazovaniya detey v avtorskoy obrazovatelnoy programme «Saberfayting» [Development of innovation additional education of children in the author's educational program "Saberfighting"]. Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2012, no. 358, pp. 158-161.
- Lobanov V.V., Kollegov A.K. Stsenicheskaya rech v artfekhtovanii: opyt i pedagogicheskaya praktika [Scenic speech in artistic fencing: experience and teaching practice]. Nauchno-pedagogicheskoe obozrenie (Pedagogical Review). 2017, no. 1 (15), pp. 178-186. DOI: 10.23951/2307-6127-2017-1-178-186
- Rua J.J. Istoriya rytsarstva [History of khighthood]. Transl fr. Fr.. St. Petersburg Leonid Demis publ., 1858, 182 p.
- Tyshler D.A., Movshovich A.D. Iskusstvo stsenicheskogo fekhtovaniya [The art of stage fencing]. Moscow: SportAkademPress publ., 2004, 272 p.
- Chistyakova N.A., Vulikh N.V. Istoriya antichnoy literatury. 2-e izd. [History of ancient literature. 2nd ed.]. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola publ., 1971. 439 p.
- Shustova E.N. Svoeobrazie dramaticheskogo deystviya v piese M. Bulgakova «Don Kikhot» [The peculiarity of dramatic action in M. Bulgakov's play "Don Quixote"]. Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta (Tomsk State Pedagogical University Bulletin), 1999, no. 6 (15), pp. 52-58.