PhD, Associate Professor Yu.N. Buzina1
Dr.Hab., Professor L.B. Andryushchenko1
1Plekhanov Russian University of Economics, Moscow
Objective of the study was to scientifically substantiate the use of health promotion technologies during practical foreign language classes.
Methods and structure of the study. The study was carried out from 2014 through 2019 and involved the teachers of the Department of Foreign Languages No.1 and the Department of Physical Education (n=37) and the 1st-3rd-year students of the Economics Department (n=98). During the study, we analyzed the teachers' polling data and the students' questionnaire survey data.
Results of the study and conclusions. Educational health promotion technologies contribute to the emotional and intellectual development of a person and to the formation of self-esteem, as well as enables to create conditions for personal development, independent behavior, proactivity and creativity in various activities. To prevent excessive fatigue and psycho-emotional stress at all stages of foreign language training at a higher educational institution, it is necessary to practice frequent changes of activity.
To prevent hypodynamia in foreign language classes, it is recommended to use various gaming and interactive technologies with motor activity elements as often as possible.
Students should be informed of the need to use health-improving technologies in seminar classes to develop a more conscious attitude towards their health.
The experience accumulated at the Department of Foreign Languages No.1 of Plekhanov Russian University of Economics suggests that practical foreign language classes can and should be conducted with the use of health promotion technologies while promoting their interest in the physical education and sports activities. Such an approach has great potential not only to relieve the psycho-emotional stress in students and minimize the effects of hypodynamia but also to develop their communication skills through the use of gaming and interactive technologies.
Keywords: health promotion technologies, gaming technologies, hypodynamia, physical activity, foreign languages.
- Gladkova O.K. Primenenie igrovoy tekhnologii na prakticheskikh zanyatiyakh po O.A. Ivanova, A.A. Len, O.I. Torkunova [Game technology in practical classes by O.A. Ivanova, A.A. Len, O.I. Torkunova]. Zdorovyesberegayushchiy potentsial igrovykh tekhnologiy v obuchenii kursantov voennykh vuzov. V sbornike: Mediko-biologicheskie i pedagogicheskie osnovy adaptatsii, sportivnoy deyatelnosti i zdorovogo obraza zhizni. [Health-promotion potential of game technologies in training cadets of military universities. In: Biomedical and pedagogical foundations of adaptation, sports activity and healthy lifestyle]. Proc. VII nat. cor. res.-practical conf. with international participation. 2018. pp. 202-206.
- Kazantinova G.M., Charova T.A., Andryushchenko L.B. Fizicheskaya kultura studenta [Student physical education]. Textbook. Volgograd, 2017.
- Filimonova S.I., Andryuschenko L.B., Almazova Yu.B., Kazakova V.M. Organizatsiya fizicheskoy rekreatsii v shkole na osnove sorevnovatelnogo metoda i samoorganizatsii [Organization of school physical recreation based on competitive method and self-organization]. Kultura fizicheskaya i zdorove. 2019. No. 1 (69). pp. 29-31.
- Chebykina A.V. Psikhofiziologicheskie kriterii zdorovyesberegayushchikh tekhnologiy obucheniya [Psychophysiological criteria for health-promotion learning technologies]. Abstract of PhD diss.. St. Petersburg, 2014. 34 p.
- Andryushchenko L.B., Kondrakov G.B., Rostevanov A.G., Vnukova E.Y., Burov A. Рhysical education department of university of economics: current situation and development prospects. Theory and Practice of Physical Culture. 2017. No. 9. p. 1.
- Andryushchenko L.B., Beletsky S.V., Vnukova E.Y., Tochigin M.Y. Physical education and sports disciplines implementation within higher education institutions. Theory and Practice of Physical Culture. 2016. No. 9. p. 1.
- Kondrakov G.B., Andryushchenko L.B., Yablochkina I.V., Podoruev Y.V. Recreational physical culture formation concept for university of economics. Theory and Practice of Physical Culture. 2016. No. 9. p. 6.