PhD, Associate Professor A.A. Tretyakov1
PhD, Associate Professor C.V. Rylsky1
PhD, Associate Professor G.I. Pashkova1
1Belgorod State National Research University, Belgorod
Objective of the study was to identify the motives of cadets of educational institutions of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation for health and fitness activities.
Methods and structure of the study. The psychodiagnostic tests (questionnaire survey) were used to identify the motives of the cadets of Belgorod Law Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia named after I.D. Putilin for physical education and sports activities. Subject to the survey were the first-year cadets (n=160, including 100 boys and 60 girls), 3 months into the studies at the institute.
Results of the study and conclusions. The results of the survey conducted among the girls revealed three types of motives. The social affirmation motives (19.1±1.8) were strongly pronounced, indicating the girls' desire to prove themselves, which was expressed in the fact that sports activities and sports achievements are viewed and experienced from the perspective of personal prestige, results of their activities are evaluated by the acquaintances and wider public. The extent to which boys expressed themselves during physical education and sports activities was reflected in their social affirmation (18.2±1.1) and social and emotional motivation (18.4±1.2). The clear advantage of these motives is that young males are more emotional during their physical education and sports activities and, as the representatives of the stronger sex, assert themselves in this type of activity.
The results of the survey aimed to determine the motivation to achieve success and avoid failure showed that most cadets, both girls (29) and boys (48), had a fear of failure. They were only willing to avoid getting a negative assessment from others. The respondents also included cadets who were motivated to achieve success.
When studying the motivation for physical education and sports activities, account should be taken of the interrelation and dependence of motives on the external factors and internal attitudes of trainees.
Keywords: physical training, physical education and sports activities, cadets, motivation, educational environment.
- Gogunov E.N., Martyanov B.I. Psikhologiya fizicheskogo vospitaniya i sporta [Psychology of physical education and sport]. Study guide for students of higher ped ed. institutions. M.: Akademiya publ., 2003. 288 p.
- Ilyin E.P. Motivatsiya i motivy [Motivation and motives]. St. Petersburg: Piter publ., 2002. 512 p.
- Kondakov V.L., Drogomeretskiy V.V. Korrektsiya narusheniy sustavno-svyazochnogo apparata studentov spetsialnykh meditsinskikh grupp sredstvami ozdorovitelnogo plavaniya [Correction of disorders of joint-ligamentous apparatus of special medical group students by means of recreational swimming]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta. 2011. No. 12 (82). pp. 83-86.
- Kuzmin M.A. Motivatsiya sportivnoy deyatelnosti v razlichnykh vidakh sporta [Motivation for sports in various sports]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta. 2012. No. 2 (84). pp. 84-89.
- Malakhova O.Yu. Rol refleksivno-obrazovatelnoy sredy v professionalno-lichnostnom samoopredelenii studenta Vuza [Role of reflective-educational environment in professional-personal self-determination of university student]. Obrazovanie i obschestvo. 2015. v. 1. No. 90. pp. 87-91.
- Poletaev V.V. Osobennosti zdorovogo obraza zhizni sovremennogo studenta [Healthy lifestyle features of modern student]. Optimizatsiya uchebno-trenirovochnogo protsessa [Optimization of training process]. Proc. VI nat. res.-practical conf.. N. Novgorod: NNGU publ., 2007. pp. 109-111.
- Steshenko V.V., Nagaytseva I.F. Problemy i usloviya formirovaniya u studentov motivatsionnoy napravlennosti na zdorovy obraz zhizni [Problems and conditions for formation of students’ healthy lifestyle motivation]. Fizicheskaya kultura i sport uchashcheysya molodezhi v sovremennykh usloviyakh: problemy i perspektivy razvitiya [Physical education and sports of students in modern conditions: problems and development prospects] Proc. VIII nat. res.-practical conf. from international participation. Tula: TulSU publ., 2012. pp. 172-174.