PhD T.V. Dolmatova1
PhD A.A. Baryaev2
1Federal Scientific Center for Physical Culture and Sports, Moscow
2St. Petersburg Scientific Research Institute of Physical Culture, St. Petersburg
Objective of the study was to identify effective models of the education culture and sport sector organization and management at the regional level in Canada.
Methods and structure of the study. An institutional approach was applied to study the organizational structure of physical education and sports in accordance with the specifics of the administrative-territorial structure of Canada. The following research methods were applied: analysis of literary sources, case-study, generalization.
Results of the study and conclusions. The article presents the analysis of the current organization and management system in the sphere of physical education and sports at the provincial and territorial levels of Canada. By the example of the activities of local government and voluntary organizations, we showed the mechanisms for involving various population groups in physical education and sports activities at the local level. Thus, it is specialized organizations that organize and manage sports events and develop elite sports in the Canadian provinces: in British Columbia - "The British Columbia Games Society", in Manitoba - "Sport Manitoba", in Alberta - "Alberta Sport Connection", and in the Northwest territory - Sport North Federation.
Thus, the analysis shows that the development of elite sports through the coordination of regional sports federations in the Canadian provinces is often carried out by the specially established physical education and sports organizations rather than by the field-specific authorities, which is a characteristic feature of organization of physical education and sports in Canada.
Keywords: physical activity, mass sports, regional management.
- About Sport Manitoba. Available at: https://www.sportmanitoba.ca/about/ (Date of access: 28.01.2020).
- BC Gaming Society. Available at: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/governments/organizational-structure/... (Date of access: 22.01.2020).
- Canada 55+ Games. Available at: https://canada55plus.ca/index.php/about-us/history/ (Date of access: 26.01.2020).
- Funding Sport Manitoba. Available at: https://www.sportmanitoba.ca/resources/funding/ (Date of access: 28.01.2020).
- Games Ontario. Available at: http://www.mtc.gov.on.ca/en/sport/gamesontario/gamesontario.shtml (Date of access: 24.01.2020).
- ISPARC Grants and Recognition. Available at: https://isparc.ca/grants-recognition/ (Date of access: 28.01.2020).
- Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries. Available at: https://www.ontario.ca/page/ministry-heritage-sport-tourism-culture-indu... (Date of access: 21.01.2020).
- Ontario Amateur Sport Fund 2017-2019. Available at: http://www.grants.gov.on.ca/GrantsPortal/en/OntarioGrants/GrantOpportuni...(Date of access: 28.01.2020).
- Ontario Sport Hosting Program. Available at: http://www.mtc.gov.on.ca/en/sport/sport/hosting_program.shtml (Date of access: 23.01.2020).
- Sport Canada. Frequently Asked Questions. Available at: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/sports/sport-frequentl... (Date of access: 26.01.2020).
- Ukaz Prezidenta RF ot 7 maya 2018 g. # 204 «O natsionalnykh tselyakh i strategicheskikh zadachah razvitiya Rossiyskoy Federatsii na period do 2024 goda» [Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of May 7, 2018 No. 204 “On national goals and strategic objectives of development of the Russian Federation for the period until 2024”] [Electronic resource]. Available at: http://www.garant.ru/products/ipo/prime/doc/71837200/#ixzz5QdO9VnnA (Date of access: 31.08.2019).
- ViaSport. About Us. Available at: https://www.viasport.ca/about-us (Date of access: 27.01.2020).