PhD N.A. Gross1
PhD T.L. Sharova1
1Federal Scientific Center for Physical Culture and Sports, Moscow
2St. Petersburg Scientific Research Institute of Physical Culture, St. Petersburg
Objective of the study was to design and test by experiment the effectiveness of the rehabilitation course with the use of active physical exercises to develop motor abilities in disabled children.
Methods and structure of the study. The study involved 50 children with disabilities aged 3-16 years. Depending on the level of development of the large motor skills on the international scale Gross Motor Function Classification System, out of 50 disabled children, 6 were attributed to the 1st level of Gross Motor Function Classification System, 15 - to the 2nd, 6 - to the 3rd, 10 - to the 4th, 13 - to the 5th. The program consisted of 16 individual one-hour training sessions conducted 2-3 times a week. The active physical exercises were performed using the simulators adapted to the disabled children's abilities.
Results of the study and conclusions. Children with disabilities of all degrees of difficulty have great potential, which should be realized in a timely manner through active physical exercises. The study found that out of 142 exercises mastered, 26.1% were directed towards the development and correction of walking, 15.5% - towards the development of balancing skills and ability for balance maintenance in the sitting and standing positions, 8.5% - towards the adaptation to physical loads, 5.6% - towards the formation of step movements and the ability to stand up from the sitting position, increasing the subjects' overall endurance to physical activities.
The children attributed to the most difficult levels 4 and 5 on the Gross Motor Function Classification System scale were able to master 29 and 35 exercises, respectively, no less than in other groups.
Individual training sessions with the use of active physical exercises and pedagogical tests increase the effectiveness of rehabilitation measures.
Keywords: children with disabilities, motor disabilities, physical exercises, level of development of motor functions on Gross Motor Function Classification System scale.
- Babushkina O.F., Arkhipenko I.V., Dubksiy A.V., Kolenchenko V.V. Primenenie fizicheskikh uprazhneniy v korrektsii dvigatelnykh narusheniy u detey so spasticheskoy formoy DTsP [Physical exercises to correct motor disorders in children with a spastic form of cerebral palsy]. Nauchny vestnik Kryma. No. 7 (18). 2018.
- Goryuchev D.V. Adaptivnaya fizicheskaya kultura dlya detey s ogranichennyimi vozmozhnostyami zdorovya [Adaptive physical education for children with disabilities]. Molodoy ucheny. 2019. No. 11. pp. 266-268.
- Evseev S.P. Teoriya i organizatsiya adaptivnoy fizicheskoy kultury [Theory and organization of adaptive physical education]. M.: Sport publ., 2016.
- Karelina I.B., Turkina M.V. Psikhologo-pedagogicheskaya abilitatsiya i reabilitatsiya detey-invalidov [Psychological and pedagogical abilitation and rehabilitation of children with disabilities]. Universum: Meditsina i farmakologiya: electronic scientific journal. 2016. No. 11 (33). Available at: http://7universum.com/ru/med/archive/item/3848.
- Klochkova E.V. Vvedenie v fizicheskuyu terapiyu fizicheskaya reabilitatsiya detey s tserebralnym paralichom i drugimi dvigatelnymi narusheniyami nevrologicheskoy prirody [Introduction to physical therapy, physical rehabilitation of children with cerebral palsy and other motor disorders of neurological nature]. M.: Terenif publ., 2014. 122 p.
- Nasibulina T.V. Organizatsiya zanyatiy adaptivnoy fizicheskoy kulturoy s detmi s ogranichennymi vozmozhnostyami zdorovya [Organization of adaptive physical education classes with children with disabilities]. Syktyvkar, 2016.
- Popova I.E., Varenikova N.A., Babushkina O.F. Vliyanie lechebnoy fizicheskoy kultury na nervno-myishechny apparat detey s detskim tserebralnym paralichom [Effect of physical therapy on neuromuscular system of children with cerebral palsy]. Mediko-biologicheskie i pedagogicheskie osnovy adaptatsii, sportivnoy deyatelnosti i zdorovogo obraza zhizni [Biomedical and pedagogical foundations of adaptation, sports activities and healthy lifestyle]. Proc. VII national correspondence research-practical conference with international participation. Voronezh: Nauchnaya kniga publ., 2018. pp. 417-421.
- Semenova K.A. Vosstanovitelnoe lechenie detey s perinatalnyim porazheniem nervnoy sistemy i s detskim tserebralnym paralichom [Reconstructive treatment of children with perinatal damage to nervous system and with cerebral palsy]. M.: Zakon i poryadok, seriya «Velikaya Rossiya. Nasledie publ., 2007. 616 p.