Dr.Biol. V.L. Rostovtsev1
Dr.Hab. V.D. Kryazhev1
1Federal Scientific Center for Physical Culture and Sports, Moscow
Objective of the study was to detect differences between the economical efficiency of the skating step with programmed dynamic electrical myostimulation of m. quadriceps femoris in the repulsion phase and without one.
Methods and structure of the study. Sampled for the study were 6 qualified racing skiers aged 20.3±0.5 years. When covering the distance on roller skis, the athletes were subject to programmed dynamic electrical myostimulation of m. quadriceps femoris conducted in the repulsion phase using a portable device, "smart briefs", alternating with the usual movement. Oxygen consumption and heart rate were recorded at the treadmill elevation angles being 4, 6, 8, and 10%.
Results of the study and conclusions. It was found that the economical efficiency, estimated by oxygen consumption per meter of track with programmed dynamic electrical myostimulation, was 6.3-4.7% higher than during the usual movement. Distance pulse with programmed dynamic electrical myostimulation (meters covered per a tick of the blood) was 2.2-5.2% higher. It is discussed that the increase in RE was due to the redistribution of the muscle electrical activity and the improvement of the biomechanics of the skating stroke.
Therefore, programmed dynamic electrical myostimulation is an effective means to urgently increase the economical efficiency of the skating step - an informative indicator of endurance, technical skills, and ability to relax during physical exercise. Distance pulse is the most practical way to assess the economical efficiency.
Keywords: economical efficiency, programmed dynamic electrical myostimulation, smart briefs, cross-country skiing, oxygen consumption, distance pulse.
- Anokhin P.K. Ocherki po fiziologii funktsionalnykh sistem [Essays on Physiology of Functional Systems]. Moscow: Meditsina publ., 1975, 447 p.
- Kryazhev V.D. Razvitie, sokhranenie i vosstanovlenie dvigatelnykh vozmozhnostey cheloveka [Development, preservation and restoration of human motor abilities]. M.: VNIIFK publ., 2002. 247 p.
- Kryazhev V.D., Skorosov K.K., Kurbakova N.V. Vzaimosvyaz ekonomichnosti dvizheniy i urovnya elektroaktivnosti myshts v skorostnom bege na konkakh [Relationship between efficiency of movements and muscle electroactivity level in speed skating]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 1986. No. 3. p. 13.
- Rostovtsev V.L. Sposob upravleniya parametrami dvigatelnogo stereotipa fizicheskogo uprazhneniya i ustroystvo dlya ego osuschestvleniya: patent # 2546421 [Method to control parameters of physical exercise motor stereotype and a device for its implementation: patent No. 2546421]. M., 2015.
- Barnes, K.R., and Kilding, A. E. (2015). Strategies to improve running economy. Sport Med. 45, 37–56. doi: 10.1007/s40279-014-0246-y