PhD S.A. Pronin
St. Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg
Objective of the study was to assess the degree of influence of the Teoriya i Praktika Fizicheskoy Kutury Journal on the development of the theory and methodology of competitive swimming.
Methods and structure of the study. The statistical survey under the study addressed the competitive swimming development rates. The data from the information environment of Sport Science System served as an empirical basis. We used its bibliographic, morphological, and semantic modules. Additionally, a thesaurus method was applied. Its empirical basis was formed by the pre-textbooks, study guides, and university textbooks on the theory and methodology of competitive swimming, which (ideally) were to contain essential knowledge accumulated at a particular point in time.
Results and conclusions. The author conducted a statistical survey of the trends in the number of publications in the period from 1925 to 2019 devoted to the problems of competitive swimming. In particular, it was shown that the articles published are mostly devoted to competitive swimming training methods.
The Teoriya i Praktika Fizicheskoy Kutury Journal publications reflect the nature of information, which is subsequently transformed into contents of textbooks on the theory and methodology of competitive swimming, as well as define perspective directions of research in this field.
Keywords: Teoriya i Praktika Fizicheskoy Kutury Journal, theory and methodology of competitive swimming, trend in number of publications, trend in number of terms used, statistical survey, thesaurus method.
- Bulgakova N.Zh. Obuchenie plavaniyu detey mladshego shkolnogo vozrasta (7-10 let) [Swimming lessons for primary school children (7-10 years old)]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. Kultury, 955. v. XVIII, no. 11. pp. 811-814.
- Bulgakova N.Zh. Teoreticheskie osnovy otbora i podgotovki sportivnogo rezerva v plavanii [Theoretical basis for the selection and training of a sports reserve in swimming]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 1980. No. 12. pp. 33-5.
- Nabatnikova M.Ya. Nekotorye voprosy trenirovki plovtsov v podgotovitelnom periode [Some issues of swimmer training in preparatory period]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 1955. v. XVIII, no. 7. pp. 501-506.
- Platonov V.N. Opyat o zavisimosti mezhdu intensivnostyu i skorostyu plavaniya [Again about relationship between intensity and swimming speed]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 1973. No. 5. pp. 30-32.
- Pronin S.A. «Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury»: 90 let na sluzhbe sportivnoy nauki [Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury: 90 years of serving for sports science]. Moscow: Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury i sporta publ., 2015, 51 p 52 p.
- Korkh A.Ya. Tipovaya unifitsirovannaya programma po distsiplinam spetsializatsii (trenerskiy fakultet) [Standard unified program in disciplines of specialization (coaching faculty)]. M.: [s.n.], 1980. 51 p.