PhD, Associate Professor A.Z. Minakhmetova1
1Elabuga Institute of Kazan Federal University, Elabuga
Objective of the study was to determine the impacts of physical education on the formation of necessary qualities to suppress the destructive behavior of an individual.
Methods and structure of the study. Sampled for the study were the 19-22 year-old students of Elabuga Institute of Kazan Federal University (n=200). Among the criteria for the sampling procedure were: history of destructive behavior and awareness of the broken health; attendance at the elective physical education and sports classes; independent extra-curricular health and fitness activities (artistic gymnastics, yoga, cycling, swimming, skiing, bicycling) 2-3 times a week for 2 years. The sample did not include professional athletes and students who had not passed the test on the "social desirability" scale. The methods applied for the study purposes were as follows: questionnaire survey, psychological testing, methods of mathematical statistics.
Results and conclusions. The system-forming feature of the correlation analysis is impulsiveness associated with self-regulation, locus of control, social frustration. The findings indicate that regular and arbitrary physical activity contributes to the formation of the low levels of impulsiveness, personal responsibility for important situations; manifestation of conscious and arbitrary self-regulation, the main regulatory processes of planning, modeling, programming, as well as the regulatory and personal qualities: flexibility and autonomy; low level of frustration when suppressing destructive behavior.
Keywords: physical education, destructive behavior, impulsiveness, self-regulation, internality, frustration.
- Zlokazov K.V., Pryadein V.P. Destruktivnost lichnosti: sotsialno-psikhologicheskoe issledovanie [Destructive personality: socio-psychological study]. Department of Education and Youth Policy of Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug-Yugra, Surgut State Pedagogical University. Surgut: RIO SurSPU publ., 2014. 178 p.
- Tvorogova N.D. [ed.] Klinicheskaya psikhologiya: entsiklopedicheskiy slovar [Clinical Psychology: Encyclopedic Dictionary]. Moscow: Prakticheskaya meditsina publ., 2016. 608 p.
- Kuvanov V.A., Korostelev E.N. Zdorovy obraz zhizni studencheskoy molodezhi v aspekte sotsiologicheskogo analiza [Students' awareness of healthy lifestyles: questionnaire survey and analysis]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2017, no. 5. pp. 21-22.
- Minnegaliev M.M. Fizicheskaya kultura i sport v sisteme vospitatelno-profilakticheskikh vozdeystviy na podrostkov deviantnogo povedeniya [Physical education and sport in system of educational and preventive effects on adolescent deviant behavior]. Mir nauki, kultury, obrazovaniya, 2012. No. 2 (33). pp. 93-96.
- Puzanova Zh.V., Chekhovskiy I.V. Zdorovy obraz zhizni: ponimanie i otnoshenie studencheskoy molodezhi (po rezultatam fokus-gruppovykh issledovaniy) [Healthy Lifestyle: Understanding and Attitude of Students (Based on Focus Group Research)]. Vestnik Rossiyskogo universiteta druzhby narodov. Ser.: Sotsiologiya. [Electronic resource]. 2014. No. 4. Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/zdorovyy-obraz-zhizni-ponimanie-i-otno... (date of access: 15.01.2020).
- Shlyapnikov V.N., Khruleva Yu.N. Osobennosti volevoy regulyatsii u sportsmenov-yuniorov [Features of volitional regulation in junior athletes]. Psikhologiya. Zhurnal VShE. [Electronic resource]. 2012. No. 2. Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/osobennosti-volevoy-regulyatsii-u-spor... (date of access: 15.01.2020).