Dr.Hab., Professor A.P. Strizhak1
Dr.Hab., Associate Professor L.G. Ryzhkova2
PhD, Associate Professor M.A. Kuzmin4
1Moscow City Pedagogical University, Moscow
2Russian State University of Physical Culture, Sports, Youth and Tourism (SCOLIPE), Moscow
3Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas, Moscow
4Plekhanov Russian University of Economics, Moscow
Objective of the study was to test the effectiveness of the circuit training method in preparation of students for the GTO Complex tests.
Methods and structure of the study. Sampled for the study were the 1st-4th-year students, who had passed the registration and had been admitted to participate in the testing. Training for the GTO Complex tests was carried out during the academic year, for 8 months. The Control Group students (n=30) were trained according to the standard physical education program, while the Experimental Group ones (n=30) were offered a circuit training method.
Results and conclusions. It was proved by experiment that the use of a complex approach to university student training for Stages V-VI GTO Complex tests, based on the circuit training method with the use of the long-term continuous exercises, is most appropriate since it increases their physical fitness level.
Reaching the qualifying GTO Complex standards and qualifying for the GTO badges is a labour-intensive and time-consuming process. To solve this problem, the authors recommend inviting experts from the GTO Testing Center of Moscomsport.
Keywords: Russian Physical Culture and Sports GTO Complex, physical training, students, circuit training, test composition, testing, GTO Festival, Physical Culture and Sports Center of South-West Administrative District.
- AS FSK GTO (Informatsionno-nauchny WEB-Tsentr fizicheskoy kultury, zdorovya i sporta) [AS PCSC GTO (Information Scientific WEB-Center for Physical Education, Health and Sports] 2014. www.rosinwebc.ru.
- Bobkov V.V., Kuzmin M.A. Optimizatsiya sostava ispytaniy kompleksa GTO dlya studentov VUZov [Optimization of GTO complex tests for university students]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P. F. Lesgafta. 2017. no.12 (154). pp. 38–42.
- Bobkov V.V., Ryzhkova L.G. Otsenka rezervnykh vozmozhnostey starshikh shkolnikov i studentov dlya podgotovki k sdache normativov VFSK GTO [Rating physical resource of senior school and university students in trainings for GTO complex tests]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2018. no. 5. pp. 62–65.
- Kuzmin M.A. Differentsialnaya sportivnaya psikhologiya [Differential sport psychology]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2018, no. 4, pp. 5–7.
- Polozhenie o Vserossiyskom fizkulturno-ozdorovitelnom komplekse, Ministerstvo sporta Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Regulation on Russian Sports and Health Center, Ministry of Sports of the Russian Federation]. M., 2013
- Ryzhkova L.G., Bobkov V.V., Kuzmin M.A., Ignatenko T.V. Faktoryi, prepyatstvuyushchie podgotovke i vyipolneniyu normativov VFSK GTO studentami vuzov [Obstacles for success in GTO complex tests in academic educational system]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2019. no. 5. pp. 39-42.
- Kolyaskina T.Y., Sherin V.S., Zamyatin A.V., Sherina E.A. Mobilnoe prilozhenie kak faktor effektivnoy podgotovki cheloveka k vypolneniyu normativov kompleksa GTO [Mobile application tool to facilitate training for GTO Complex tests]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2017, no. 4, pp. 89–90.
- Kondrakova I.V., Stolyar K.E., Vit'ko S.Y., Pikhaev R.R. Organizatsionno-metodicheskie podkhody k kompleksnoy otsenke fizicheskoy podgotovlennosti studentov [New institutional and practical system for students' integrated physical fitness rating]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2016, no. 9, pp. 9-11.