PhD, Associate Professor L.V. Yarchikovskaya1
PhD, Associate Professor A.V. Sharonova2
PhD, Associate Professor O.N. Ustinova3
1St. Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg
2St. Petersburg State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering, St. Petersburg
3Peter the Great St.Petersburg Polytechnic University, St. Petersburg
4Military Academy of Logistics and Transport n.a. General of the Army A.V. Khrulev, Military Institute (Engineering) branch, St. Petersburg
Objective of the study was to identify the possibilities of implementation and effectiveness of using means and methods of physical education to manage the pre-examination state of the students.
Methods and structure of research. Subject to the study were students of St. Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering, St. Petersburg Polytechnic University of Peter the Great and cadets from the Military Academy of Logistics named after Army General A.V. Khrulev (126 people). Students were split into control and experimental group. Anxiety was estimated by the Ch.D. Spielberger method, adapted by Yu.L. Hanin.
Research results and conclusions. The study revealed changes in the students’ emotional state in the pre-examination period. Knowing the level of anxiety and its causes one can develop special exercise sets and control the situation in a timely manner. The use of distance learning forms to training students for independent use of a variety of means and methods of physical education contributed to improving the results of the examination session. It was revealed that the level of anxiety in the students in the pre-examination period does not increase when aerobic exercises of various intensities, breathing exercises, including several types of cyclic breathing and yoga, are included in the daily regimen.
The use of various means and methods of physical education enabled the authors to reduce the number of conflict situations during examinations, which helped to increase the effectiveness of the learning process.
Keywords: students, examination session, exercises, physical education, emotional state.
- Afanaseva I.A., Vinogradov I.G., Tokareva A.V., Dalskiy D.D. Korrektsiya urovnya trevozhnosti u pervokursnikov sredstvami fizicheskoy kultury [Physical education to correct anxiety level in freshmen]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta. 2017. No. 6 (148). pp. 20-23.
- Efimova-Komarova L.B., Tokareva A.V., Getman V.D. Samokontrol i metody otsenki fizicheskogo i funktsionalnogo sostoyaniya studentov. Ucheb. posobie [Self-control and methods to assess students’ physical and functional states. Study guide]. SPbSASU publ., St. Petersburg, 2016, 101 p.
- Efimova-Komarova L.B., Efimov-Komarov V.Yu., Tokareva A.V. Fizicheskaya kultura. Praktikum po samokontrolyu [Physical Culture. Workshop on self-monitoring]. Study guide. St. Petersburg, 2016. 74 p.
- Koval' T.E., Yarchikovskaya L.V., Lukina S.M. Informatsionno-kommunikatsionnye tekhnologii v realizatsii zdorovitelnykh programm v vuze [Information and communication technologies in university health programs implementation]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury,2016, no. 7, pp. 9-11.
- Lobanov Yu.Ya., Sharonova A.V., Mironova O.V. et al. Ispolzovanie elementov distantsionnogo obucheniya v protsesse osvoeniya distsipliny «Elektivnye kursy po fizicheskoy kulture i sportu» [Use of distance learning elements in Elective courses in physical education and sports discipline mastering process]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta. 2018. no. 12 (166). pp. 144-148.
- Lukina S.M., Lobanov Yu.Ya., Sharonova A.V. et al. Osvoenie distsiplinyi «Fizicheskaya kultura i sport» v vuze s primeneniem innovatsionnykh tekhnologiy [Innovative technologies for academic physical education and sport service]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kulturyi. 2019. No. 4. pp. 44-46.
- Tokareva A.V., Mironova O.V., Moskalenko I.S. et al. Formirovanie navykov organizatsii samostoyatelnykh aerobnykh trenirovok u studentov vuzov dlya uspeshnoy sdachi ekzamenatsionnoy sessii [Forming self-reliant aerobic training process management skills for success in examinations]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kulturyi. 2016. no. 9. pp. 12-15.