Dr.Hab., Professor V.L. Botyaev1
Postgraduate student S.V. Botyaev2
Associate Professor V.K. Tulaev2
PhD, Associate Professor V.V. Apokin3
PhD, Associate Professor V.Yu. Losev3
1Surgut State Pedagogical University, Surgut
2North Kazakhstan State University named after M. Kozybaev, Petropavlovsk, Kazakhstan
3Surgut State University, Surgut
Objective of the study was to scientifically substantiate the need for diagnosing coordinating abilities as an objective marker of young athletes’ potential (perspectiveness).
Methods and structure of the study. The subjects’ overall coordination fitness level was determined by means of the block of tests (n-16), piloted in our previous studies, where they were proved highly reliable, stabile and prognostic. Each particular ability was rated in a block of homogeneous tasks.
The testing enabled to divide (conditionally) all participants of the experiment into 4 fitness groups: promising athletes - 4 young female gymnasts; qualified athletes with good potential - 7 female gymnasts; conditionally suitable athletes, with questionable potential – 6 female gymnasts; unsuitable athletes – those with no potential - 6 female gymnasts.
The test results were evaluated according to the standards developed for prospective-prognostic models of coordination fitness.
Results of the study and conclusions. The analysis of the experimental data showed that the female athletes assigned to the 1st and 2nd groups mastered the technical elements of the gymnastic exercises much more successfully. On one gymnastic apparatus only, horse vault, the level of the exercise execution mastery was characterized by the statistically unverified differences, while the experts noted that the female gymnasts of the 1st group, performing jumps, had demonstrated a more promising technique based on the fine intermuscular coordination.
Consequently, the expansion of the base of control-transfer tests by inclusion of motor coordination tests significantly increases the objectivity of assessing the potential of young athletes. The results of the educational experiment fully confirmed our hypothesis about the need to diagnose coordinating abilities in the process of sports selection and evaluation of perspectiveness of young gymnasts.
Keywords: sports selection, coordinating abilities, diagnostics, testing, technical fitness.
- Antipov A.V. Kompleksnaya sistema otbora yunykh sportsmenov na razlichnykh etapakh podgotovki v futbolnykh akademiyakh [Comprehensive selection system applied in every training stage by football academies]. Fizicheskaya kultura: vospitanie, obrazovanie, trenirovka. 2019. no, 5. pp. 20-22
- Botyaev V.L. Otbor i prognozirovanie v sporte mesto koordinatsionnykh sposobnostey v sisteme sportivnogo otbora [Selection and prediction in sport, place of coordination abilities in sports selection system]. Surgut : SurSPU publ., 2016. 301 p.
- Volkov, V.M., Filin V.P. Sportivny otbor [Sports selection]. M.: Fizkultura i sport publ., 1983. 175 p.
- Guba V.P. Teoriya i praktika sportivnogo otbora i ranney orientatsii v vidy sporta [Theory and practice of sports selection and early orientation in sports]. M.: Sovetskiy sport publ., 2008. 302 p.
- Issurin V.B., Lyakh V.I. Koordinatsionnye sposobnosti sportsmenov [Coordinating abilities of athletes]. M.: Sport publ., 2019. 208 p.
- Issurin V.B. Sportivny talant: prognoz i realizatsiya [Sports talent: forecast and implementation]. M.: Sport publ., 2017. 364 p.