PhD, Associate Professor L.V. Melnikova1
PhD, Associate Professor D.A. Melnikov1
Master student E.A. Zakharova1
Master student V.A. Kiselev1
1Tchaikovsky State Institute of Physical Culture, Tchaikovsky
Objective of the study was to scientifically substantiate increasing mental working capacity of Bachelors of Physical Education during sports orienteering lessons.
Methods and structure of the study. The study was carried out on the basis of Tchaikovsky State Institute of Physical Culture, Tchaikovsky. The study involved the 2nd-4th year students (n=24): Control Group (CG) - 12 students majoring in the academic Physical Education discipline, specializing in "Athletic training", involved in cross-country skiing and biathlon; Experimental Group (EG) - 12 students majoring in the academic "Recreation and sports and recreation tourism" discipline, engaged in sports tourism. The level of development of memory, attention span, thinking ability of the students was assessed in the author’s psychological tests. During the study the following research methods were applied: analysis of scientific and methodological literature, psychological testing, expert evaluation, mathematical statistics. We analyzed the scientific works of the following specialists: M.G. Sukhanova, L.V. Melnikova, Yu.S. Voronova.
Results of the study and conclusions. Psychological training of students by means of psychological tests aimed to develop their attention span, memory, and thinking ability, ensures the efficiency of the educational and training process. Mastering the elements of sports orienteering in the university discipline "Theory and Practice of Physical Recreation" was found beneficial for the students’ mental working capacity.
Keywords: sports orienteering, mental working capacity of students, map reading; psychological testing; improvement of memory, attention span, thinking ability.
- Vikhlyaev Yu.N., Dotsenko E.V. Obuchenie sportivnomu orientirovaniyu kak komponent intellektualnogo razvitiya i ozdorovleniya podrostkov [Orienteering training as part of intellectual development and health promotion among adolescents]. Zdorovye dlya vsekh. 2013. No. 2. PP. 34-38.
- Vozisova M.A., Melnikov D.A., Melnikova L.V. Soderzhanie professionalnoy podgotovki studentov profilya «sportivno-ozdorovitelny turizm» [Content of professional training of students specializing in "Sports and recreation tourism"]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2015. no. 4.pp. 21-23.
- Voronov Yu.S. Povyshenie effektivnosti obucheniya yunykh sportsmenov-orientirovshchikov tekhniko-takticheskim deystviyam i navyikam na osnove ucheta vozrastnoy struktury sorevnovatelnoy deyatelnosti [Efforts to improve technical and tactical training effectiveness in youth orienteering based on age structure of competitive activity]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta. 2012.no. 3. pp. 53-58.
- Vyatkin L.A., Sidorchuk E.V. Turizm i sportivnoe orientirovanie [Tourism and orienteering]. Study guide. 4th ed.. M.: Akademiya publ., 2009. 208p.
- Zakharova E.A., Melnikova L.V., Fendel T.V. [ed.] Sovershenstvovanie tekhniko-takticheskikh deystviy s ispolzovaniem sovremennykh tekhnologiy v sportivnom orientirovanii [Improving technical and tactical actions using modern technology in orienteering]. Sport i sportivnaya meditsina [Sport and sports medicine]. proc. II nat. with international participation res.-practical conference April 11-13 2019. Tchaikovsky: Tchaikovsky State Institute of Physical Culture publ., 2019. pp. 89-93.
- Konstantinov Yu.S., Glagoleva O.L. Uroki orientirovaniya [Orienteering lessons]. Teaching aid. M.: Sovetskiy sport publ., 2015. 328 p.
- Melnikova L.V., Novokreshchenov V.V., Melnikov D.A. Organizatsionno-pedagogicheskie usloviya razvitiya sportivnogo orientirovaniya kak vida sporta dlya vsekh [Organizational and pedagogical conditions for development of orienteering as sport for all]. Izhevsk: IzhSTU publ, 2013. pp. 20-27.
- Sukhanova M.G. Sportivnoe orientirovanie kak odno iz sredstv vospitaniya fizicheskikh i intellektualnykh sposobnostey studentov [Orienteering as one of tools to develop students' physical and intellectual abilities]. PhD diss.. М., 2004. 149 p.