PhD, Associate Professor E.A. Izotov1
PhD, Associate Professor G.V. Soldatova2
1Saint-Petersburg Mining University, Saint-Petersburg
2Saint-Petersburg Academy of Postgraduate Pedagogical Education, Saint-Petersburg
Objective of the study was to determine psychological well-being of academic physical education teachers.
Methods and structure of the study. 22 physical education teachers and 25 teachers of other disciplines of St. Petersburg State University (of different sex, age and length of service) were subjected to a questionnaire survey, conducted according to the method of Perrudet-Badoux-Mendelsohn-Chiche adapted by A.A. Rukavichnikov "Scale of subjective well-being". The data obtained were processed by the methods of variation (determination of arithmetic mean and standard deviations) and mathematical (determination of the significance of differences by the Student t-criterion) statistics.
Results of the study and conclusion. University physical education teachers are characterized by a high level of psychological well-being, which is particularly clearly reflected in the emotional sphere and is of great positive importance for the educational process. In a number of indicators, they differ statistically significantly from teachers of other disciplines: they are less stressed and sensitive, have less psychiatric symptoms, not prone to mood swings and estimate their health higher. A comparative analysis of the groups of teachers by the criterion of pedagogical experience (before and after 15 years of professional activity) showed that with an increase in the length of service, negative changes occur in some indicators of psychological well-being: there is a decrease in self-esteem of health, an increase in the level of stress and sensitivity, as well as some functional mental disorders, which, apparently, is an age trend. At the same time, teachers with great experience are characterized by higher satisfaction with everyday activities. A comparative analysis of indicators of psychological well-being in the samples of male and female teachers did not show any significant differences.
Teaching physical education at a university is a positive factor in psychological well-being of an individual. However, with the growth of teaching experience, there may occur deformations, which may require some psychoprophylactic work with teachers.
Keywords: psychological well-being, physical education teachers, students
- Bannikov G.S., Pavlova T.S. Psikhologicheskoe blagopoluchie spetsialistov, rabotayuschikh v sisteme obrazovaniya megapolisa [Psychological well-being of specialists working in educational system of megalopolis]. Psikhologicheskoe soprovozhdenie bezopasnosti obrazovatelnoy sredyi shkolyi v usloviyah vnedreniya novyih obrazovatelnyih i professionalnyih standartov [Psychological support for safety of school educational environment in context of introduction of new educational and professional standards]. M.: MSPPU publ., 2015. pp. 84-89.
- Gerasimova I.A., Kopylov S.I. Ispolzovanie metodov psihologicheskogo blagopoluchiya prepodavatelyami fizicheskoy kulturyi v vuzah [Psychological well-being methods for academic physical education teachers]. Servis Plus. 2015. v. 9. № 1. pp. 48-56.
- Gutko A.V. Formirovanie psihologicheskoy kompetentnosti u buduschego uchitelya fizicheskoy kulturyi [Building psychological competency in future physical education teacher]. PhD diss.. abstr. . Nizhny Novgorod, 2011. 18 p.
- Ermolaeva M.V., Lubovskiy D.V. Psikhologicheskoe blagopoluchie uchitelya v kontekste ego psikhologicheskoy kultury [Teacher's psychological well-being in context of his psychological culture]. Vestnik Tverskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Ser. «Pedagogika i psikhologiya». 2017. no. 3. pp. 92-97.
- Zausenko I.V. Psikhologicheskoe blagopoluchie pedagoga [Teacher's psychological well-being]. Pedagogicheskoe obrazovanie v Rossii. 2012. no. 6.pp. 14-19.
- Ilyina N.L. Vliyanie fizicheskoy kulturyi na psikhologicheskoe blagopoluchie cheloveka [Effect of physical education on psychological well-being of person]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta. 2010. no. 12 (70). pp. 69-74.
- Litvinova E.Yu., M.A. Kharchenko, A.V. Pogodina Psihologicheskoe blagopoluchie i emotsionalnoe vyigoranie pedagogov obrazovatelnyih kompleksov na raznyih etapah innovatsionnogo protsessa [Psychological well-being and emotional burnout of teachers of educational complexes at different stages of innovation process]. Institut psihologii Rossiyskoy akademii nauk. Organizatsionnaya psihologiya i psikhologiya truda. 2018.v. 3. # 2. pp. 96-119.
- Pavlotskaya Ya.I. Psihologicheskoe blagopoluchie i sotsialno-psihologicheskie kharakteristiki lichnosti [Psychological well-being and socio-psychological characteristics of individual]. Volgograd: Volgograd Institute of Management – branch RANHiGS, 2016. 168 p.
- Elmurzaev M.A., I.A. Panchenko, Pakholkova N.V. Sotsialno-pedagogicheskaya model zdorovya i fizicheskoy rekreatsii [Socio-psychological health/ physical recreation model]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2019. no. 6. pp. 44-47.
- Aslakhanov S-A.M., M.A. Elmurzaev. A.I. Kovalenko Sotsialnyiy aspekt adaptatsionno-vosstanovitelnoy modeli fizicheskoy rekreatsii [Physical recreation and rehabilitation model: social aspect]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2018. no. 4. pp. 34-36.