Dr.Hab., Professor V.P. Sushchenko1
Dr.Hab., Professor V.A. Shchegolev1
1St. Petersburg Polytechnic University named after Peter the Great, St. Petersburg
Objective of the study was to determine the effects of physical education and sports activities of students on their socio-personal competences at the beginner training stage.
Methods and structure of the study. Sampled for the study were the first-year students of St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (n=524). The peculiarities of influence of the students' skills on their socio-personal competences were determined using the methods as follows: rating and self-rating of physical education and sports activities of students; expert poll; factor analysis, etc. We carried out an all-round analysis of the group estimates of the personality, emotional expansiveness, individual status of the students, etc. During the study, an educational analysis was conducted to rate the socio-psychological parameters of the students and their dependence on physical education and sports activities.
Study results and conclusions. It was found that the high level of physical and athletic fitness of students ensures stable academic progress. To a greater extent, this is manifested in the first semester of university studies.
The data obtained are similar to the findings of the earlier studies and suggest that physical education and sports activities have a positive effect on the students' academic performance rates.
The study results indicate that the high level of physical education and sports activities of students is among the key factors influencing the growth of authority among fellow students, their readiness to comply with the norms and requirements of the GTO Complex, strengthening of personal status and self-determination in the student body.
Keywords: student youth, socio-personal competences, physical education and sports activities, student body.
- Bolotin A.E., Shchegolev V.A., Bakaev V.V. Pedagogicheskaya tehnologiya ispolzovaniya sredstv fizicheskoy kultury dlya adaptatsii studentov k budushchey professionalknoy deyatelnosti [Educational Technology of Use of Means of Physical Culture to Adapt for Future Professional Work]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2014.no. 7. pp. 16-20.
- Bolotin A.E., Piskun O.E., Pogodin S.N. Osobennosti upravleniya sportivnoy rabotoy so studentami v vuzah s uchetom ih tsennostno-motivatsionnoy orientatsii [Special features of sports management for university students with regard to their value¬motivational orientation]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2017. no. 3. pp. 51-53.
- Varzin S.A., Piskun O.E., Petrova N.N. Sravnitelnaya otsenka lichnostno-psikhicheskih kharakteristik i psihicheskogo sostoyaniya studentov mladshih kursov [Comparative Assessment of Personality-Mental Characteristics and Mental State of Undergraduates]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. Kultury, 2014. No. 7. pp. 20-22.
- Piskun O.E., Chistyakov V.A. Problemy psikhologicheskoy adaptatsii studentov mladshikh kursov tekhnicheskikh vuzov sredstvami fizicheskoy kultury [Some issues of junior technical university students' psychological adaptation via physical education]. Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury, 2016. No. 11. pp. 38-39.
- Sushchenko V.P., Shchegolev V.A., Korshunov A.V. Osobennosti lichnostno-professionalnogo razvitiya razlichnykh kategoriy spetsialistov po fizicheskoy kulture i sportu [Specifics of personal professional development of physical education and sports specialists of different types]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2016, no. 6, pp. 3-5.
- Sushchenko V.P., Shchegolev V.A., Agaev R.A. Mekhanizm upravleniya razvitiem sovremennogo studencheskogo sporta [Institutional control mechanism for academic sports system]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2019. No. 11. pp. 102-104.
- Shchegolev V.A. , Novoseltsev O.V. Professionalnoe sovershenstvovanie sub'ektov upravleniya fizicheskim vospitaniem studentov s ispolzovaniem interaktivnykh tekhnologiy [Professional Development of Management Entities of Physical Education of Students Using Interactive Technologies]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2015. no. 2. pp. 15-18.
- Shchegolev V.A., Sushchenko V.P., Piskun O.E. Otnoshenie studencheskoy molodezhi k podgotovke i vypolneniyu norm i trebovaniy fizkulturno-sportivnogo kompleksa GTO [Students' attitude toward Russian physical culture and sports GTO complex (Ready for Labour and Defence)]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2017. no.3. pp. 57-59.
- Yasyukova, L.A., Aleksankov A.M., Piskun O.E. Vliyanie zanyatiy fizicheskoy kulturoy na adaptirovannost studentov tekhnicheskogo vuza [The Effect of Physical Education Classes on Adaptation of Technical University Students]. Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury, 2015. no. 2. pp. 21-23.