Dr.Hab., Associate Professor A.V. Ponomarev1
PhD N.V. Popova1
PhD L.K. Tropina1
PhD A.N. Popov1
1Ural Federal University named after First President of Russia B.N. Yeltsin, Yekaterinburg
Objective of the study was to analyze and summarize the opinions of young athletes about realization of sports talent.
Methods and structure of the study. We analyzed the world's and domestic experience of work with gifted in sports youngsters, identified the opportunities for realizing their sports talent, as well as determined the positive and negative aspects of the system of support to the gifted and talented in sports youth that exists in the Sverdlovsk region. We carried out an expert opinion poll, with the leading student athletes of Ural Federal University being subject to the poll, as well as individual interviews with gifted in sports schoolchildren and students. We studied the opinions of young professional athletes about their sports achievements and assessment of the current situation in sports, compiled proposals for supporting gifted athletes.
Study results and conclusions. The questionnaire survey of young athletes helped determine their motives for sports activities; reasons for premature termination of a sports career; factors that limit the realization of their sports potential; athletes' interests in other activities; educational and professional plans; level of satisfaction of the subjects of sports activity. The study results showed that the issues of realization of sports talent of the youth are relevant both for Russia and the Sverdlovsk region and for foreign countries. Based on the findings, the proposals into the Support program for the gifted and talented youth of the Sverdlovsk region were formulated.
Keywords: sports, sports giftedness, youth, junior athlete, support, motivation.
- Kontseptsiya obshchenatsionalnoy sistemy vyyavleniya i razvitiya molodykh talantov (utv. Prezidentom RF 03.04.2012) [The concept of a nationwide system for youn talents spotting and development (approved by the President of the Russian Federation on 04/03/2012)] [Electronic resource] Available at: http://www.consultant.ru/law/review/1453003.html (date of access: 05.07.2019)
- Otchet o lektsii Roberta Bebba – Sportivny menedzhment i stipendii dlya sportsmenov v SShA [Report on the lecture by Robert Babb - Sports management and scholarships for athletes in the United States] [Electronic resource]. 2018. Available at: https://gradstudyabroad.ru/education-news/robert-babb-sports-management-... (date of access: 15.01.2018)
- Reish N.A. Upravlenie talantami (Talent Management) dlya uspeshnoy raboty s HiPo-sotrudnikami [Talent Management for successful work with HiPo employees] [Electronic resource]. Moscow Business School. Available at: http://www.cfin.ru/management/people/motivation/Talent_Management.shtml (date of access 26.02.2019).
- Rekruting sportsmenov v amerikanskom studencheskom sporte [Recruiting athletes in American student sports] [Electronic resource]. Available at: https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/alexskryagin/911044.html (date of access: 15.07.2019)
- Studencheskiy sport za rubezhom: chem zhivut edinomyshlenniki v drugikh stranakh [Student sports abroad: how do like-minded people live in other countries] Electronic resource]. Available at: http://studentsport.ru/news/others/20805/ (date of access: 15.07.2019)
- Ponomarev A.V. et al.; Ponomarev A.V. [ed.], Popova N.V. [ed.] Trendy molodezhnoy politiki v zerkale sotsialnykh nauk i tekhnologiy [Youth policy trends in the mirror of social sciences and technologies]. Yekaterinburg: Ural un-ty publ., 2018. 260 p.
- Shurmanov E.G., Tambovskiy A.N., Sidorenko T.A., Kalashnikov A.V. Informatsionno-analiticheskie sposobnosti trenera kak vazhny komponent ego deyatelnosti [Information and analytical abilities of trainer as key component of his activity]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta. St. Petersburg, 2015. No. 12 (130). pp. 250-254.