Dr.Hab., Professor E.V. Kuzmicheva1
1Russian State University of Physical Education, Sports, Youth and Tourism (SCOLIPE), Moscow
The article considers the ways to increase the efficiency of mastering professional competences under the Bachelor program 38.03.02 – "Management" of the specialization "Sport Management". The development of this problem of higher education within the frame of the competency-building approach is mostly viewed in the scientific literature in connection with intensification of students’ classroom and independent activities. Objective of the study was to develop the structure and content of extracurricular activity of student sport managers that would contribute to more effective development of their professional competences.
A list of activities proposed for participation and then selected by the students included: participation in research-practical conferences of various levels (departmental, interdepartmental, university and international), participation in scientific forums and festivals, attendance at field-specific Saturday lectures at Moscow State University named after M.V. Lomonosov, and other events. As a result of preparation and participation in extracurricular activities, the experimental group students demonstrated higher results in the core disciplines as compared to the students who limited themselves to mandatory tasks stipulated by the academic curriculum and core discipline programs, which is confirmed by the statistically significant differences both in the overall 8th semester grade and in individual disciplines.
Keywords: professional competences, manager training, extracurricular activities.
- Zalyubovskaya E.G. Vneauditornaya vospitatelnaya rabota v vuze kak sredstvo formirovaniya professionalnoy i lichnostnoy kompetentnosti spetsialista-menedzhera [Extracurricular educational work at university to build professional and personal competency of professional manager]. PhD diss. abstr.. St. Petersburg, 2009. 24 p.
- Pishchulin V.N. Formirovanie professionalnoy kompetentnosti spetsialista ekonomicheskogo profilya v sisteme universitetskogo obrazovaniya [Builing professional competency of economics specialist in university educational system]. PhD diss. abstr.. M., 2006. 24 p.
- Slautina N.M. Formirovanie professionalnoy kompetentnosti studentov vuza [Builing professional competency of university students]. PhD diss. abstr.. Kemerovo, 2005. 28 p.
- Ternavskaya L.M. Differentsirovannyiy podhod k organizatsii samostoyatelnoy raboty studentov ekonomicheskogo vuza [Differentiated approach to organization of self-reliant work of students of university of economics]. PhD diss. abstr.. Lipetsk, 2001. 20 p.
- Feiling T.B. Rol dopolnitelnogo obrazovaniya v formirovanii professionalnykh kompetentsiy vyipusknikov VUZov [Role of continuing education in builidng professional competences of university graduates]. PhD diss. abstr.. St. Petersburg., 2010. 24 p.