PhD T.V. Dolmatova1
PhD A.V. Zubkova1
1Federal Research Center for Physical Culture and Sports (FRS VNIIIFK), Moscow
2St. Petersburg Scientific Research Institute of Physical Culture, St. Petersburg
The article presents an analysis of the current system of organization of physical activity and mass sports at the local government level in the top sporting countries - the United Kingdom, France, Germany and the USA. The following research methods were applied during the given study: analysis of literary sources, case study method, generalization. The mechanisms that promote the engagement of various groups of population in physical activities and sports at the local level are presented by the example of the activity of the local government bodies and public organizations. It was found that each of the presented models not only ensures the involvement of the local population in physical activities and mass sports, but also contributes to the sports reserve training in these countries.
Thus, in Germany and France, the regional and local government bodies actively participate in the sports industry management. In the UK and USA, the leading role in the organization of mass sports activities is being played by the community-based organizations with the support of municipal authorities. An important role in the organization of physical education and sports activities at the local level in all four countries is played by the local sports federations. The authors emphasize that the organization of physical education and mass sports activities at the local level forms an inseparable framework for the development of the system of long-term training of sports reserve and elite sports promotion, as evidenced by the analyzed foreign experience.
Keywords: physical activity, mass sports, local government.
- Abalyan A.G., Dolmatova T.V., Fomichenko T.G. Vovlechenie naseleniya v zanyatiya fizicheskoy kulturoy i sportom: analiz uspeshnykh zarubezhnykh praktik na primere Velikobritanii [Promotion of physical education and sports among population: analysis of successful foreign practices (case study of the UK]. Vestnik sportivnoy nauki. 2018. no. 5. pp. 53-57 [Electronic resource]. DOI: http://www.vniifk.ru/vsn/vsn-5-2018.php (in Russian).
- Ukaz Prezidenta RF ot 7 maya 2018 g. # 204 «O natsionalnykh tselyakh i strategicheskikh zadachakh razvitiya Rossiyskoy Federatsii na period do 2024 goda» [Decree of RF President May 7, 2018 No. 204 “On national goals and strategic objectives of development of the Russian Federation for the period until 2024”]. [Electronic resource]. Available at: http://www.garant.ru/products/ipo/prime/doc/71837200/#ixzz5QdO9VnnA (date of access: 31.08.2018).
- Active Partnerships. Governance [Electronic resource]. Available at: http://www.activepartnerships.org/about-us/governance (date of access: 21.04.2019).
- Baden-Württemberg. Knapp 18 Millionen Euro für kommunale Sportstättenbauprojekte. [Electronic resource]. Available at: https://www.baden-wuerttemberg.de/de/service/presse/pressemitteilung/pid... (date of access: 28.04.2019).
- État [Electronic resource]. Available at: http://www.sports.gouv.fr/organisation/organisation-du-sport-en-france/l... (date of access: 11.05.2019).
- New York City Comptroller. Audit Report on the Department of Parks and Recreation’s Oversight of Construction Management Consultants [Electronic resource]. Available at: https://comptroller.nyc.gov/reports/audit-report-on-the-department-of-pa... (date of access: 29.05.2019).