Competitive success rates versus physical development and physical fitness rates of 11-17 year old weightlifters
PhD, Associate Professor V.P. Simen
Chuvash State Pedagogical University named after I Yakovlev, Cheboksary
The study analyzes competitive success rates versus physical development and physical fitness rates of 11-17 year-old weightlifters in kettlebell sport. Sampled for the study were 98 male weightlifters of the following age groups: 10-11 year-old (n=24); 12–13 year-old (n=17); 14–15 year-old (n=32); and 16–17 year-old (n=25) groups. The subjects were tested for the physical development (body mass, body length, shoulder length, wrist length, pelvis width, vital capacity, wrist dynamometry, deadlift dynamometry, Kettle index) and physical fitness (speed-strength, strength, strength endurance, movement coordination qualities, overall endurance and flexibility); versus the competitive success rates in the republican classical combined tournaments. A linear correlation method was used to rate the correlation between the competitive success, physical development and physical fitness rates. It was found that the competitive success rates in the age groups are significantly dependent on the body anthropometrics; absolute strength of the trunk/ limbs extensor muscles; wrist strength and explosive endurance; explosive strength of the leg/trunk extensor muscles; and the relative strength of the arms extensor muscles. The competitive success rates in the weightlifting groups were found age-specific, with a strength endurance found increasingly important for the competitive success rates with age.
Keywords: junior weightlifters, physical development, physical fitness, competitive success rate, correlation.
- Guba V.P. Osnovyi sportivnoy podgotovki: metodyi otsenki i prognozirovaniya (morfobiomehanicheskiy podhod) [Basics of sports training: assessment and forecasting methods (morphobiomechanical approach)]. Teaching aid. Moscow: Sovetskiy sport publ., 2012. 384 p.
- Konestyapin V.G. Otsenka i sorazmernost razvitiya osnovnyih komponentov podgotovlennosti u pryiguniy v vyisotu [Evaluation and proportionality of development of key components of fitness in high jumpers]. SCOLIPE Proc. : 75 let: Yearbook. Moscow, 1993. pp. 230-233.
- Pyanzin A.I. , Pyanzina N.N. Raschet rezultata v pryizhke v dlinu na osnove rezultata v pryizhke vverh s mesta [Calculations of result in long jump based on vertical jump result]. Vestnik Chuvashskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta im. I.Ya. Yakovleva. 2016. no. 2 (90). pp. 161-169.
- Simen V.P., Drandrov G.L. Struktura mnogoletney sportivnoy podgotovki girevikov [The Structure of Long-Term Sports Training of Kettlebell Lifters]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2014, no. 10, pp. 66- 70.
- Tajmazov V.A., Bakulev S.E. Prognozirovanie uspeshnosti sorevnovatelnoy deyatelnosti sportsmenov s uchetom geneticheskih osnov treniruemosti [Forecasts of competitive success of athletes based on genetic basis of training ability]. Uchenyie zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta. 2005. no. 18. pp. 81-90.