Modern measurement of results of pedagogical research in physical education and sports
Master student A.A. Kuzmenko1
Dr.Hab., Associate Professor T.K. Kim1
Dr.Hab, Associate Professor G.A. Kuzmenko1
1Moscow State Pedagogical University, Moscow
The article analyzes the validity and dependability of the standard test toolkit applied to rate special physical fitness of junior (9-10 year-old) ice hockey players trained at the National Ice Hockey Center (Moscow). Having analyzed the standard test toolkit for its update purposes, we found the speed rating test tools excessive and the motor coordination rating test tools insufficient. The players were tested with poor decision-making skills under time pressure in the high-speed and coordination-intensive game situations. The existing toolkit was recommended to be updated to include new decision-making ability rating test tools, with the performance rated by the ‘fast+ accurate’ and ‘fast+ successful’ rates. The high correlations of the test tools require the toolkit being complemented by the tests of modern competitive skills and their combinations, with the tests being particularly sensitive to the movement coordination qualities and abilities. Relatively low correlations were found for the following tests: puck-free 36m face-forward skating skills test; 1/4m sprint test; and the 6x9m puck-free shuttle sprint test. The body mass/ height indices were found to be in positive correlations with the puck-free 36m face-forward skating skills due to the natural inertial aspects; and in negative correlations with the 1-17 face-forward sprint skills – indicative of the lower body mass/ height indices favoring the speed and movement control qualities. The study also found that some tests may be clustered to secure the test process relevance and versatility: thus the reverse skating speed test was found highly valuable and informative for the coordination and physical qualities and skills rating in the junior players’ special physical fitness rating test toolkit.
Keywords: junior ice hockey players, special physical fitness, test tools, update options.
- Vasilyev D.A., Strelnikova I.V. Povyishenie urovnya tehnicheskoy i spetsialnoy fizicheskoy podgotovlennosti yunyih hokkeistov na osnove razvitiya ih differentsirovochnyih sposobnostey [Efforts to increase technical and special physical fitness levels of young hockey players based on development of their differentiating abilities]. Fizicheskaya kultura: vospitanie, obrazovanie, trenirovka. 2014. no. 3. P. 43.
- Ivanov A.A. Pedagogicheskiy kontrol obschey i spetsialnoy fizicheskoy podgotovlennosti yunyih hokkeistov na uchebno-trenirovochnom etape podgotovki v DYuSSh [Teacher control of general and special physical fitness of junior hockey players at training stage in CYSS]. PhD diss. abstract. Moscow: SCOLIPE publ., 2005. 21 p.
- Kim T.K., Podlesnykh A.A. Otsenka effektivnosti metodiki profilaktiki i korrektsii strukturno-funktsionalnykh izmeneniy oporno-dvigatelnogo apparata dzyudoistov na osnove ucheta ikh motornogo profilya [Rating benefits of musculoskeletal system disorders prevention and correction method based on motor profiles in judo]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2018, no. 1, pp. 102–104.
- Konovalov V.N., Bernatavichyus D.A., Afanasyev D.A. Kompleksnaya otsenka spetsialnoy fizicheskoy podgotovlennosti yunyih hokkeistov [Comprehensive assessment of special physical fitness of junior hockey players]. Omskiy nauchny vestnik. 2013. no.2 (116). pp. 199- 204.
- Kuzmenko G.A. Psihologo-pedagogicheskie osnovyi sportivnoy podgotovki detey 9-12 let [Psychological and pedagogical foundations of sports training for 9-12 year-olds]. Study guide. Moscow: Sovetskiy sport publ., 2008. 268 p.
- Kuzmenko G.A. Osobennosti sopodchineniya intellektualnyih i psihomotornyih sposobnostey u podrostkov v sportivnoy deyatelnosti [Features of subordination of intellectual and psychomotor abilities in adolescents in sports activities]. «Natsionalnyie programmyi formirovaniya zdorovogo obraza zhizni» [National programs to promote healthy lifestyle]. Proc. X intern. res.-pract. conf. «Rudikovskie chteniya». Moscow: SCOLIPE publ., 2014. pp. 251-253.
- Lubysheva L.I. Dopolnitelnoe obrazovanie v poiskah sportivnyih talantov [Additional education to find sports talents]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2018. no.6. P. 95.
- Filatov V.V. Faktornaya struktura podgotovlennosti yunyih hokkeistov na sportivno-ozdorovitelnom etape [Junior ice hockey players' factorial fitness structure at health-improvement initial training stage]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2016. no.8. pp. 75-77.