Superheavyweight clean and jerk movement biomechanics: elementary analysis
Postgraduate A.V. Lovchev1
Dr.Hab., Professor Yu.P. Kobyakov1
Candidate A.V. Bolotov1
1Vladimir State University named after A.G. and N.G. Stoletovs, Vladimir
The study analyzes the superheavyweight clean and jerk movement biomechanics versus the body length of the world record holders for the period of 1960-2015, with the movement sequence grouped into 8 elementary moves (motor units). The analysis was intended to check the assumption that the weight lifting movement biomechanics may be correlated with the body length. We applied a match correlation method to find a positive correlation between the movement sequence elements and body lengths – albeit the correlations were found widely varying and falling in conflict with the null (H0) hypothesis. It was further found that the clean height and squat depth are determined rather by the movement sequence elements other than the body length alone. The data analysis completed on a systemic and logical basis found the correlations of the motor elements being determined by the lengths of the lower limb elements (shin and thigh) and their joint flexibility rates. The study data arrays and analyses give the reasons to conclude that these elements altogether largely determine the individual clean technique critical for success of the clean and jerk sequence.
Keywords: clean and jerk, superheavyweight class, movement biomechanics, body length, correlation analysis.
- Volkov N.P., Danilov K.Yu. Strukturnaya klassifikatsiya i zapis edinits dvigatelnoy deyatelnosti v tyazheloy atletike kategoriy [Structural classification and recording of units of motor activity in weightlifting categories]. Tyazhelaya atletika. Ezhegodnik [Weightlifting. Yearbook]. Moscow: Fizkultura i sport publ., 1985. pp. 46-53.
- Ivanov A.T., Roman R.A. Tekhnika vypolneniya tolchka shtangi ot grudi rekordsmenami mira V. Kurentsovyim i D. Rigertom [Clean and jerk technique by world record-holders V. Kurentsov and D. Rigert]. Tyazhelaya atletika. Ezhegodnik [Weightlifting. Yearbook]. Moscow: Fizkultura i sport publ., 1976. pp. 42-46.
- Kobyakov Yu.P., Lovchev A.V. Novy podkhod k izmereniyu trenirovochnoy nagruzki v tyazheloy atletike [New training load rating method in weightlifting]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2018. no. 1. pp. 78-80.
- Livanov O.I., Falameev A.I. O nekotorykh biomekhanicheskikh kharakteristikakh dvizheniya shtangi v ryvke i pri pod'eme na grud [Some biomechanical characteristics of barbell snatch movement and hand squat]. Tyazhelaya atletika. Ezhegodnik [Weightlifting. Yearbook]. Moscow: Fizkultura i sport publ., 1979, pp. 22-25.
- Roman R.A., Shakirzyanov M.S. Zhim, ryvok, tolchok. Tekhnika luchshikh atletov mira [Clean and jerk. Technique of the best athletes of the world]. Moscow: Fizicheskaya kultura i sport publ., 1970, 144 p.
- Roman R.A., Shakirzyanov M.S. Tekhnika tolchka shtangi mirovym rekordsmenom V. Marchukom [Cean and jerk techniques by world record holder V. Marchuk]. Tyazhelaya atletika. Ezhegodnik [Weightlifting. Yearbook]. Moscow: Fizicheskaya kultura i sport publ., 1982. pp. 30-33.
- Skotnikov V.F. Partsialnye ob'emy nagruzki (s otyagoscheniem ³70%) v osnovnykh gruppakh uprazhneniy u silneyshikh tyazheloatletov mira 80-kh godov v zavisimosti ot massy tela i tipa podgotovki [Partial load volumes (with ≥70% weight) in main exercise groups for the strongest weightlifters of the world in the 80s, depending on body weight and training type]. PhD diss.. Moscow, 1995. 148 p.