Obstacles for success in gto complex tests in academic educational system
Dr.Hab., Associate Professor L.G. Ryzhkova1
PhD, Associate Professor M.A. Kuzmin3
PhD T.S. Ignatenko4
1Russian State University of Physical Education, Sports, Youth and Tourism (SCOLIPE), Moscow
2Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas, Moscow
3Plekhanov Russian State Universityof Economics, Moscow
4Ukhta State Technical University, Ukhta
The study analyzes the key obstacles for students’ success in the Russian Physical Culture and Sports “Ready for Labour and Defence” (GTO) Complex tests and qualifications for Class V and VI badges. The study was supported by an expert team of 20 people including 3 doctors of science (in pedagogy, medicine and biology), 10 PhDs (6 in pedagogy, 2 in medicine and 2 in biology), plus the Moscow GTO Center specialists, all of them having at least a 10-year service record. Based on the test data and analyses, obstacles for success in the Russian Physical Culture and Sports “Ready for Labour and Defence” (GTO) Complex
tests were grouped as follows: (1) poor functional reserves as verified by the cardio-respiratory system deficiencies, particularly the low endurance rates; (2) poor physical qualities related, among other things, to the overall endurance; (3) non-inclusive set of elective tests excluding the swimming, shooting, skiing and wrestling tests. The study findings were used to produce recommendations on how the academic trainings for the Russian Physical Culture and Sports “Ready for Labour and Defence” (GTO) Complex tests may be improved within the valid Physical Education curriculum.
Keywords: Russian Physical Culture and Sports “Ready for Labour and Defence” (GTO) Complex tests, physical fitness, students, physical education, test sets, tests, expert assessment.
- AS FSK GTO (Informatsionno-nauchny WEB-Tsentr fizicheskoy kultury, zdorovya i sporta) 2014 [AS PCSC GTO (Information research WEB-Center for Physical Education, Health and Sport) 2014]. www.rosinwebc.ru
- Bobkov V.V. Optimizatsiya sostava ispyitaniy kompleksa GTO dlya studentov VUZov [Optimization of GTO complex tests for university students]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta. 2017. no. 12 (154). pp. 38- 42.
- Kuzmin M. A. Differentsialnaya sportivnaya psikhologiya [Differential sport psychology]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2018, no. 4, pp. 5–7.
- Kuzmin A. A. Metodologicheskie aspekty issledovaniya faktorov adaptirovannosti sportsmenov k sorevnovaniyam [Methodological aspects of study of athletes' сompetitive adaptation factors]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2014, no. 2, pp. 58–60.
- Kuzmin M. A. Professionalnaya adaptatsiya lichnosti v sporte [Professional adaptation of the personality in sports]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2014, no. 6, pp. 59–62.
- Parkhomenko K.I. Prakticheskie aspekty organizatsii testirovaniya VFSK GTO [RPCSC GTO: Practical aspects of testing organization]. [Electronic resource]. Available at: https://infourok.ru/prakticheskie-aspekti-gto-dlya-ovz-1475856.html.
- Polozhenie o Vserossiyskom fizkulturno-ozdorovitelnom komplekse [Regulations on Russian Physical Education and Sports Complex], MS RF, Moscow, 2013.
- Ryzhkova L.G., Bobkov V.V. Otsenka rezervnyih vozmozhnostey starshih shkolnikov i studentov dlya podgotovki k sdache normativov VFSK GTO [Rating physical resource of senior school and university students in trainings for GTO complex tests]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2018. no. 5. pp. 62-65.
- Sherin V.S., Zamyatin A.V., Sherina E.A., Kolyaskina T.Y. Mobilnoe prilozhenie kak faktor effektivnoy podgotovki cheloveka k vypolneniyu normativov Kompleksa GTO [Mobile application tool to facilitate training for GTO Complex tests]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2017, no. 4, pp. 89–90.
- Stolyar K.E., Vit'ko S.Y., Pikhaev R.R., Kondrakova I.V. Organizatsionno-metodicheskie podkhodyi k kompleksnoy otsenke fizicheskoy podgotovlennosti studentov [New institutional and practical system for students' integrated physical fitness rating]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2016, no. 9, pp. 9-11.