Active and interactive education model to facilitate academic physical education and sport theory studies
PhD, Associate Professor M.G. Nepochatykh1
PhD, Associate Professor I.D. Pososhkov1
PhD, Associate Professor A.Yu. Lipovka2
1St. Petersburg State University of Economics, St. Petersburg
2St. Petersburg Polytechnic University of Peter the Great, St. Petersburg
The study analyzes benefits of the modern non-imitational active/ interactive education model for the competence building in the academic physical education and sport theory studies. Sampled for the active/ interactive education model testing experiment were the 2-3-year St. Petersburg State University of Economics students (n=427). The methods included problem-addressing lectures, practical trainings, active learning workshops, presentations, theoretical and practical conferences, discussions, round table sessions, express surveys, brain storms, master classes etc. The standard elective physical education and sport theory study course at St. Petersburg State University of Economics takes 18 hours. Despite the discipline being elective, the academic progress is rated by a formal test system. The authors offered a set of creative tasks (didactic game practices) ratable by the point system. The active/ interactive education model with innovative education tools was found beneficial due to its practical focus and high education quality securing tools complementing the standard physical education and sport curricula. A special priority in the model implementation projects is recommended to be given to the general cultural and vocational competences, conditional on the faculty service being compliant with the modern requirements and standards to the teaching professiona.
Keywords: active and interactive education methods, physical education, students, vocational training, education technologies.
- Vinogradov G.P., Grigoryev V.I., Vinogradov I.G. Forsayt obrazovatelnyih standartov po fizicheskoy kulture [Forsight of educational standards in physical education]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta, 2017. no. 6 (148). pp. 39-43.
- Vylkova E.S. Interaktivny sposob organizatsii uchebnogo protsessa v vuze: «Variativnoe igrovoe reshenie trudnykh uchebno-obrazovatelnyih zadach» («VIRTUOZ») [Interactive way of organizing academic educational process: "Variable game-like solution of difficult educational tasks" ("VIRTUOZ")]. [Electronic resource]. e-library Available at: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32678183 (date of access: 01.06.2018).
- Evstafyeva I.Yu. Problemy i predposylki aktualizatsii tehnologiy i metodov obucheniya [Problems and prerequisites for actualization of technology and teaching methods]. [Electronic resource] e-library Available at: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32678147 (date of access: 01.06.2018).
- Kohl O.D. Ispolzovanie innovatsionnyih metodov obucheniya v distsipline «Metodologiya nauchnogo issledovaniya»[Innovative teaching methods in "Methodology of scientific research" discipline]. e-library Available at: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32678176 (data obrascheniya: 01.06.2018).
- Lapygin Yu.N. Metodyi aktivnogo obucheniya [Active Learning Methods]. Textbook. Moscow: Yurayt publ., 2017. 248 p.
- Mierin L.A., Bykova N.N., Zarukina E.V. Sovremennyie obrazovatelnyie tehnologii v vuze [Modern educational technologies in higher education]. Teaching aid. St. Petersburg: SpbSUE publ., 2015. 169 p.
- Postanovlenie Pravitelstva Rossiyskoy Federatsii ot 11.06.2014 # 540 «Ob utverzhdenii Polozheniya o Vserossiyskom fizkulturno-sportivnom komplekse «Gotov k trudu i oborone» (GTO) [Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of 11.06.2014 No. 540 “On Approval of the Regulation on the Russian Physical culture and Sports Complex“ Ready for Labor and Defence ”(GTO)]. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/420200820 (date of access: 01.06.2018).
- Programma «Tsifrovaya ekonomika Rossiyskoy Federatsii», utverzhdena rasporyazheniem Pravitelstva RF ot 28 iyulya 2017 # 1632-r [Program "Digital Economy of the Russian Federation", approved by the order of the RF Government July 28, 2017 No. 1632-p] [Electronic resource] Available at:http://static.government.ru/media/files/9gFM4FHj4PsB79I5v7yLVuPgu4bvR7M0... (date of access: 01.06.2018).
- Sakhnovskaya O.E., Novik M.M. Metodyi, tehnologii, formyi obucheniya: ponyatiya i vzaimosvyaz [Methods, technologies, forms of education: concepts and interconnection]. e-library [Electronic resource]. Available at: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32678181 (date of access: 01.06.2018).