Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury №3 2019
Associate Professor A.A. Khudik1
Dr.Hab., Professor A.Yu. Bliznevsky1
Dr.Hab., Professor V.S. Bliznevskaya1
Associate Professor S.V. Khudik1
1Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk
The present article analyzes the sport discipline qualification requirements of the Winter World Universiade for the optional sport quotas; outlines the current progress and benefits of the modern ski orienteering disciplines; offers the frame program of competitions that has been tested in the past world university championships; and analyzes the public appeal related benefits of the modern ski orienteering disciplines for the mass media companies.
For the purposes of the study, we run a questionnaire survey and interviews of the ski orienteering experts from 22 countries of the International Orienteering Federation, made a comparative/ ranking analysis of the output data, and offered an action plan for the ski orienteering disciplines qualification for the Winter World Universiade -2019.
Having analyzed the International University Sports Federation (FISU) operations and regulatory framework, we found a new window of opportunities for the ski orienteering progress on the global arenas with good prospects for the ski orienteering disciplines qualification for the nearest Winter World Universiade. As required by the valid FISU regulations, a sport discipline may qualify for the This means that the ski orienteering disciplines may qualify for the 2012 Winter World Universiade in Switzerland and 2023 Winter World Universiade in the US, with the sport community supported by the International Orienteering Federation management encouraged to take persistent efforts to make this happen.
Keywords: Winter World Universiade, sport discipline, ski orienteering, International Orienteering Federation.
- Bliznevsky A.Yu., Bliznevskaya V.S. Winter Sports for Olimpic Program Addition [Winter Sports for Olimpic Program Addition]. Zhurnal Sibirskogo federalnogo universiteta, ser. Gumanitarnyie nauki, 2011, no. 4 (3), pp. 309-314.
- Bliznevsky A.Yu., Bliznevskaya V.S. Perspektivy vidov sporta dlya vklyucheniya v Programmu zimnikh Olimpiyskikh igr [Perspectives for inclusion in Winter Olympic Games Program]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2010, pp 11, pp. 71-73.
- Bliznevsky A.Yu., Bliznevskaya V.S., Khudik S.V., Vinnikova E.V. Ot kraevykh studencheskikh sportivnykh meropriyatiy do Vsemirnoy universiady v Krasnoyarske [From Regional Student Sports Events to World Student Games in Krasnoyarsk]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2014, no. 1, pp. 45-48.
- Bliznevsky A.Yu., Khudik A.A., Bliznevskaya V.S. et al. Distsipliny lyzhnogo orientirovaniya kak naibolee perspektivnye dlya vklyucheniya v Programmu ZOI [Ski orienteering disciplines as most promising for inclusion in healthy lifestyle Program]. Zhurnal Sibirskogo federalnogo universiteta, ser. Gumanitarnyie nauki, 2015, no. 8 (11), pp. 2233-2236.
- Olimpiyskaya Hartiya [Olympic Charter]. Approved by the 127th Session of the IOC on December 8, 2014. Printed by DidWeDo S.à.r.l. Lausanne,108 p.
- Ustav Assotsiatsii mezhdunarodnykh sportivnykh federatsiy, priznannykh MOK [Statute of the Association of International Sports Federations recognized by the IOC]. Approved at the session of the ARISF General Assembly on April 6, 2006. Helsinki. HelsinkiСompetition rules for International Orienteering Federation (IOF) ski orienteering events. Approved by IOF Ski Orienteering Commission, valid from 1 May 2015, 50 p.