Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury №3 2019
PhD, Associate Professor I.V. Nikolaeva1
PhD, Associate Professor Yu.V. Shikhovtsov1
PhD, Associate Professor L.A. Ivanova1
1Samara State University of Economics, Samara
The development of men's volleyball in Russia is on the path of the purposeful increase in offensive serving power, as well as improving tactical actions and interactions in serve setting during competitive activity. The present article gives analysis of the elite volleyball players’ competitive performance data mined by educational surveys with video captures by computerized Data Volley–2007 system. Subject to analysis were 52 matches (2016-2018) of Nova Volleyball Club (Samara Oblast) playing in the Russian Super League Championship.
The study data covered the key qualitative and quantitative characteristics of the modern serving and setting skills. It was found that the top volleyball masters give preference to a jump power serves followed by a float serve; power serve setting is commonly less successful than float serve setting; and most of the serves come from the right third of the serve zone; with the study data providing a the means to analyze the key progress trends in the modern volleyball.
The study data shows that setting is efficient and accurate enough when the setter watches closely the serving opponent to guess the serve style and target by the first signs. Elite training systems must make due emphasis on the technical/ tactical skill training to facilitate serve anticipation skills in setters for efficient counteractions.
Keywords: volleyball, elite athletes, competitive performance, serving, setting.
- Belyaev A.V., Savin M.V. Voleybol [Volleyball]. textbook . Moscow: Terra-sport, TVT Divizion publ., 2009, 360 p.
- Guba V.P., Rodin A.V. Voleybol v universitete: Teoreticheskoe i uchebno-metodicheskoe obespechenie sistemy podgotovki studentov v sportivnom klube [Academic Volleyball: Theoretical and methodological support of students' training system in sports club]. Study guide. Moscow: Sovetskiy sport publ., 2009,168 p.
- Guba V.P., Marinich V.V. Teoriya i metodika sovremennykh sportivnykh issledovaniy [Theory and methods of modern sports research]. Moscow: Sport publ., 2016, 230 p.
- Kudinova Yu.V., Shikhovtsov Yu.V., Nikolaeva I.V. et al. K voprosu o sovershenstvovanii takticheskikh deystviy i vzaimodeystviy voleybolistov v zashchite: prakticheskiy aspekt [On perfection of tactical actions and interactions of defensive volleyball players: practical aspect]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta, 2017, no. 3 (145), pp. 118-124.
- Rodin A.V. Osobennosti etapnogo kontrolya individualnykh tekhniko-takticheskikh deystviy kvalifitsirovannykh sportsmenov v igrovykh vidakh sporta [Features of staged control of individual technical and tactical actions of qualified athletes in team sports]. Vestnik sportivnoy nauki, 2014, no. 3, pp 9-12.
- Rytsarev V.V. Voleybol. Teoriya i praktika [Volleyball. Theory and practice]. Textbook. Moscow: Sport publ., 2016, 456 p.