Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury №3 2019
PhD, Associate Professor A.M. Akhmetov1
Dr.Biol., Professor Yu.P. Denisenko1
PhD, Associate Professor A.I. Morozov1
1Naberezhnye Chelny State Pedagogical University, Naberezhnye Chelny
The study was designed to explore the students’ motivations for academic physical education service and the relevant spurring and hampering factors. Sampled for the motivations testing experiment were the students of Naberezhnye Chelny State Pedagogical University and Kazan State Pedagogical University (n=750), with their motivational spurs and barriers tested by a questioning survey. The survey form offered a list of factors, motives and stimuli grouped by the education, physical training, self-control, physical self-fulfillment and physical self-perfection categories. A comparative analysis of the survey data showed the highest gap between the senior and junior students in the progress motivations for modern physical self-perfection methods, plus notable differences in the ratings of the other motivations for physical self-perfection. The 5-year students were tested to give a high priority to the ‘good progress in physical self-perfection versus the 3-year students. Rated on top by the 5-year students was the ‘habit for physical practices’ followed by the ‘excellent competence in physical education for progress in the teaching service’. The study data showed that even when a student is tested with good physical qualities and natural gifts and well-prepared for physical education, his/her progress may be secured only conditional on due determination in overcoming every barrier on the way to success in physical education.
Keywords: stimulus, motivation, students, physical self-perfection, physical education, barrier, rating.
- Akhmetov A.M. Sovremennye podkhody k formirovaniyu fizkulturnogo samovospitaniya i samosovershenstvovaniya studentov [Modern approaches to formation of physical self-education and self-improvement in students]. Problemyi samorealizatsii, samosovershenstvovaniya lichnosti: psikhologo-pedagogicheskie aspekty [Problems of self-realization, self-improvement: psychological and pedagogical aspects]. Proc. 1st nat. res.-pract. conf.. Naberezhnye Chelny, 2003, pp. 15-19.
- Bal'sevich V.K., Lubysheva L.I. Fizicheskaya kultura: molodezh i sovremennost [Physical education: youth and modernity]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 1995, no. 4, pp. 2-4.
- Volkov V.Yu., Volkova L.M. Reabilitatsiya studentov sredstvami fizicheskoy kultury [Rehabilitation of students by means of physical education]. Study guide. St. Petersburg, 1998, 26 p.
- Gorbunov G.D. Psikhopedagogika sporta [Sports psychopedagogy]. Moscow: Fizkultura i sport publ., 1986, 208 p.
- Gurova R.A. Sovremennaya molodezh: Sotsialnye tsennosti i nravstvennye orientatsii [Modern youth: Social values and moral orientations]. Pedagogika, 2000, no. 10, P. 323.
- Komkov A.G., Kirilov E.G. Organizatsionno-pedagogicheskaya tekhnologiya formirovaniya fizicheskoy aktivnosti studentov [Organizational-educational technology to promote physical activity among students]. Fizicheskaya kultura: vospitanie, obrazovanie, trenirovka, 2002, no. 1, pp. 2-4.
- Lubysheva L.I. Sovremenny tsennostny potentsial fizicheskoy kultury i sporta i puti ego osvoeniya obshchestvom i lichnostyu [Modern value potential of physical education and sports and ways of its development by society and individual]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 1997, no. 6, pp. 10-13.
- Chinkina N.Sh. Stimulirovanie motivatsii tvorcheskogo samorazvitiya uchitelya v usloviyakh innovatsionnoy deyatelnosti [Encouraging teacher for creative self-development within innovation activity]. Kazan: KSU publ., 2000, 284 p.