Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury №3 2019
PhD, Associate Professor N.A. Vakhnin1
PhD, Associate Professor E.G. Vakhnina1
PhD, Associate Professor O.A. Moiseeva2
1St. St. Petersburg Mining University, St. Petersburg
2St. Petersburg State Marine Technical University, St. Petersburg
Special vocational physical training is a subsystem of physical education that best provides for the formation and improvement of properties and qualities that are essential for a particular professional activity. Modern special vocational physical education service offered by the national medical universities is designed to build up the job-specific physical qualities and skills for success of the health service. It is highly important to apply the most relevant and efficient training tools to meet the physical fitness requirements to the future health specialist. Having analyzed the job responsibilities, missions and environments in the national health sector, we have developed a new special vocational physical education model to build up the key physical and mental qualities in the future medical officers by swimming practices viewed as the unique tools of multiple positive health effects.
The new special vocational physical education model testing experiment was run at the First Pavlov State Medical University of St. Petersburg swimming pool in the period of October 1, 2017 to April 15, 2018. The experiment was intended to test benefits of the new model by an analysis of the pre- versus post-experimental health and physicality test rates of the female students.
The model was tested beneficial as verified by the trainees’ progress in the working capacity, strength, endurance and functionality tests. In addition, the special swimming practices were found highly beneficial for the mental and emotional wellbeing of the trainees.
Keywords: medical university students, swimming, physical fitness, functional fitness, mental/ emotional wellbeing.
- Vorobyeva E.A. Anatomiya i fiziologiya [Anatomy and physiology]. Moscow: Meditsina publ., 2007, 432 p.
- Kostromin O.V., Rudenko G.V., Dorofeev V.A. Professionalno-prikladnaya podgotovka studentov gornykh spetsialnostey na osnove izbrannogo vida sporta [Vocational-sports-driven professional training model for university students specialties based on the chosen type of sport]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2018, no. 4, pp. 37-39.
- Lopukhin V.Ya. Metody analiza uchebnogo protsessa: metodicheskie razrabotki [Educational process analysis techniques: methodological developments]. Moscow: SCOLIPE publ., 1980, 43 p.
- Mandrikov V. Fizicheskaya kultura – vtoraya professiya vracha [Physical education as doctor's second profession]. Volgograd: VolSMU publ., 2008. 124 p.
- Menshutkina T.G. Kompleksny pedagogicheskiy kontrol za studentami vo vremya zanyatiy plavaniem [Comprehensive pedagogical control over students at swimming lessons]. Study guide. St. Petersburg: St. Petersburg SAPC, 1999, 51 p.
- Rayevsky R.T. Professionalno-prikladnaya fizicheskaya podgotovka [Applied professional physical training]. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola publ., 1985, 210 p.
- Sapin M.R., Sivoglazov V.I. Anatomiya i fiziologiya cheloveka [Human anatomy and physiology]. Moscow: Academia publ., 2002, 448 p.
- Sidorenko E.V. Matematicheskie metody obrabotki v psikhologii [Mathematical processing methods in psychology]. St. Petersburg: Rech publ., 2002. 350 p.
- Khokhlov S.V., Rudenko G.V. Nepreryvnaya professionalno-prikladnaya podgotovka – magistralny put sokhraneniya i ukrepleniya zdorovya rabotnikov gornoy promyshlennosti [Continuous Applied Professional Training as Main Way of Protection and Promotion of Health of Miners]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2014, no. 2, pp. 38- 40.