Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kultury №3 2019
Dr.Hab., Professor G.N. Ponomarev1
1Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia, St. Petersburg
2St. Petersburg Mining University, St. Petersburg
The article analyzes the academic physical education and sports progress trends in the national higher education system, with its growing role for the healthy lifestyles and vocational training of university students. The authors underline the following academic physical education and sports service progress issues: (1) The physical education and sports modular design implementation project, with the Module 1 Bachelor physical education and sports intended to complement the vocational competency building process and form sustainable motivations for habitual physical trainings and sports. For success of the initiative, the academic physical education and sports faculties shall meet the standards and requirements applied to the other faculty members in every aspect including the personnel attestation, academic credentials, publishing activity and the other research and education performance rates. (2) The physical education and sports disciplines (modules) will assign at least 328 academic hours for obligatory trainings albeit these hours will be beyond the bachelor training curricula and non-convertible to the test points. The obligatory academic hours may be assigned for the self-reliant trainings on an off-class basis.
Despite the progress challenges faced by the academic physical education and sports service nowadays, its benefits may not be questioned since it is the only academic discipline responsible for the students’ physical fitness for professional career.
Keywords: applied physical education, academic sports, physical education and sports disciplines/ modules, physical education department, sport club.
- D'yakova E.Yu., Zakharova A.N. Kriterii otsenki funktsionalnogo sostoyaniya studentov lechebnoy fizicheskoy kultury [Evaluation criteria of functional status of students of groups of exercise therapy]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2013, no. 7, pp. 25-29.
- Ponomarev G.N. Podgotovka spetsialistov fizicheskoy kultury: integratsiya obrazovaniya i sportivnoy nauki [Physical education expert training: integration of education and sport science]. Kultura fizicheskaya i zdorovye, 2011, no. 6 (36), pp. 11-14.
- Ponomarev G.N. Razvitie variativnoy podgotovki spetsialistov po fizicheskoy kulture v sovremennykh sotsiokulturnykh usloviyakh [Development of variable training of physical education specialists in modern socio-cultural environment]. Doct. diss. abstract (Hab.). St. Petersburg: Herzen RSPU publ., 2003, 35 p.
- Mokeev G.I., Mokeeva E.G., Rudenko G.V. Naskolko sovershenna sovremennaya sistema organizatsii fizicheskogo vospitaniya v vuzakh? [How perfect is modern system of organization of academic physical education?]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta,2019, no. 2., pp. 143-148.
- Khokhlov S.V., Rudenko G.V. Nepreryvnaya professionalno-prikladnaya podgotovka - magistralny put sokhraneniya i ukrepleniya zdorovya rabotnikov gornoy promyshlennosti [Continuous Applied Professional Training as Main Way of Protection and Promotion of Health of Miners]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2014, no. 2, pp. 38- 40.