Dr.Hab., Professor V.M. Shulyatyev1
PhD V.V. Ivanov1
PhD A.D. Dugbley2
1Russian University of Peoples' Friendship, Moscow
2Football СYSSOR "Youth of Moscow" "Burevestnik", Moscow
Despite multiple scientific research, a significant number of 16–17-year-old football players training within the current training system do not have the required stable level and variability of crucial technical skills in football. The present paper outlines the key theoretical and practical basics for modern football training systems. Objective of the study was to give a substantiation for a few training methods and practices applied at the sport excellence stage to meet the modern requirements to the competitive performance of elite football players. In this context, one of the goals of the study was to analyze the competitive performance of the English versus Russian football premier-league with an emphasis on the players’ game positions and field control zones. We applied match video replays to analyze the English Premier League (EPL) versus Russian Premier League (RPL) competitive performances to find, among other things, the key technical/ tactical actions critical for the competitive success. The study data and analyses may be beneficial for the coaching teams of the national Children and Youth Football Sport Schools in their efforts to improve the sport excellence training systems.
Keywords: competitive performance in elite football, technical/ tactical actions, excellence training systems in football.
- Braginskiy A.E. Komplektovanie futbolnykh komand iz igrokov 17-18-letnego vozrasta s uchetom ikh individualno-psikhologicheskikh kharakteristik [Formation of football teams from players aged 17-18 years in view of ndividual psychological characteristics]. PhD diss.. Moscow, 2001, 123 p.
- Gvinjiliya G.G. Tselevoe primenenie kompleksa vosstanovitelnyih sredstv v podgotovke yunykh futbolistov 16-17 let s uchetom variativnosti trenirovochnykh mikrotsiklov [Targeted use of rehabilitation complex in training of junior footballers aged 16-17 yearsin view of variation of training microcycles]. PhD diss. abstract. Smolensk, 2004, 18 p.
- Dugbley A.D. Sovershenstvovanie gruppovykh vzaimodeystviy futbolistov 16-17 let na osnove analiza sorevnovatelnoy deyatelnosti komand masterov [Improvement of group interactions of 16–17-year-old footballers based on study of elite team competitive performance]. PhD diss.. Malakhovka, 2017, 178 p.
- Ermakov N.N. Soderzhanie i napravlennost integralnogo kontrolya v uchebno-trenirovochnom protsesse futbolistov 16-19 let na etape sportivnogo sovershenstvovaniya [Content and focus of integral control in training process of footballers aged 16-19 years at sports excellence stage]. PhD diss. abstract. Smolensk, 2003, 21 p.
- Klepikov V.Y. Opredelenie effektivnosti razlichnykh variantov trenirovochnykh nagruzok futbolistov 16-18 let na etape sportivnogo sovershenstvovaniya [Esttimating efficiency of various training loads for footballers aged 16–18 years at sports excellence stage]. PhD diss. abstract. Omsk, 2006, 23 p.
- Lyukshinov N.M. Iskusstvo podgotovki vysokoklassnykh futbolistov [The art of elite footballer training]. Teaching aid. 2nd ed., rev., sup.. Moscow: Sovetskiy sport, TVT Divizion publ., 2006, 432 p.
- Nifontov M.Y. Kriterii psikhologicheskogo otbora futbolistov na etape sportivnogo sovershenstvovaniya [Criteria for psychological selection of players at sports excellence stage]. PhD diss.. St. Petersburg, 2010, 198 p.
- Polishkis M.M. Takticheskaya podgotovka futbolistov detsko-yunosheskoy sportivnoy shkoly s uchetom sovremennykh tendentsiy razvitiya igry [Tactical training of footballers at children and youth sports school based on current football trends]. PhD diss. abstract. Maykop, 2011, 24 p.
- Petukhov A.V. Formirovanie osnov individualnogo tekhniko-takticheskogo masterstva yunykh futbolistov. Problemy i puti resheniya [Formation of basics of individual technical and tactical skills in junior footballers. Problems and solutions]. Moscow: Sovetskiy sport publ., 2006, 232 p.
- Boroznov G.L., Kotenko N.V., et al. Futbol. Tipovaya uchebno-trenirovochnaya programma sportivnoy podgotovki dlya detsko-yunosheskikh sportivnykh shkol, spetsializirovannykh detsko-yunosheskikh shkol olimpiyskogo rezerva [Sample training program for children and youth sport schools, specialized children and youth schools of Olympic reserve]. Russian Football Union. Moscow: Sovetskiy sport publ., 2011, 160 p.
- Chirva B.G. Bazovaya i professionalnaya tekhnicheskaya i takticheskaya podgotovka futbolistov [Basic and professional technical and tactical training of football players]. Doct. diss. (Hab.). Moscow, 2008, 298 p.
- Yuzhanin N.N. Takticheskaya podgotovka kak sposob adaptatsii futbolistov-yuniorov v professionalnkh klubakh [Tactical training for adaptation of junior footballers in professional clubs]. Aktualnye problemy sovremennogo futbola: Sb. nauch. tr., posvyashchennyiy 25-letiyu kafedry teorii i metodiki futbola i regbi [Pressing issues of modern football: Col. works dedicated to the 25th anniversary of the Theory and Methods of Football and Rugby Department]. Krasnodar: KSUPEST publ., 2011, pp. 228-230.