PhD M.V. Aranson1
PhD E.S. Ozolin1
Dr.Hab., Professor B.N. Shustin1
1Russian Federal Research Center of Physical Culture and Sports (VNIIFK), Moscow
The study gives an analysis of the foreign elite sport research system including analyses of the theoretical and practical study reports on the summer Olympic sports for the period of 2015-2017 available in foreign editions. The study gives a special attention to the topics of studies, their importance for sport disciplines/ groups; their relevance for sport insiders; contributions of relevant agencies/ institutions including health, education, research institutions, sport federations, clubs etc.; and the national affiliation of the research teams if any.
The study data and analyses gave the means to highlight both the key research fields of the highest interest for foreign analysts and the fields still underexplored by publications. The study demonstrates that the research projects are normally focused on the issues highly relevant for the specific sport discipline; and points to the growing contribution of the multilateral research teams to the process, with the leading role still played by the academic science of the nations holding the lead in the relevant sports.
Keywords: Olympic sports, research, trainings, cycling sport, academic rowing, track and field sports.
- Aranson M.V., Ovcharenko L.N., Ozolin E.S. et al Analiz sovremennykh tendentsiy nauchnykh issledovaniy v sporte vysshikh dostizheniy [Study of current trends in scientific research in elite sports]. Vestnik sportivnoy nauki, 2016, no. 5, pp. 55-59.
- Aranson M.V., Ovcharenko L.N., Ozolin E.S. et al Fiziologicheskie osobennosti sportsmenov v velosipednom sporte (obzor zarubezhnykh issledovaniy) [Physiological characteristics of cyclists (foreign research review)]. XXX Mezhdunarodnaya konferentsiya 2017: «Nauchnye aspekty sovremennykh issledovaniy»[XXX International Conference 2017: "Scientific aspects of modern research"]. Moscow, August 30-31 2017. pp. 106-109.
- Aranson M.V., Shustin B.N. Sovremennye tendentsii nauchnykh issledovaniy v sportivnykh edinoborstvakh u zhenshchin [Modern trends in scientific research in women’s martial arts]. Scientia: Psihologiya i pedagogika, 2016, no. 3, pp. 31-34.
- Dart J.(2014). Sports review: A content analysis of the International Review for the Sociology of Sport, the Journal of Sport and Social Issues and the Sociology of Sport Journal across 25 years. Available at: http://eprints.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/945/1/Sports%20review%20A%20content%20... access 11 May 2018
- Huntley E., Cropley, B., Gilbourne D., Sparkes A and Knowles Z. (2014) Reflecting back and forwards: An evaluation of peer-reviewed reflective practice in sport. Reflective practice 15 (6), 863-876. Available at: http://researchonline.ljmu.ac.uk/998/3/Huntley%2520et%2520al%2520(2014)%2520-%2520manuscript%5B1%5D.pdf (accessed 11 May 2018)
- Wang L., Thijs B. and Glänzel W. (2015) Characteristics of International Collaboration in Sport Sciences Publications and Its Influence on Citation Impact. Scientometrics 105:843–62. Available at: https://lirias.kuleuven.be/bitstream/123456789/479633/1/MSI_1501.pdf (accessed 11 May 2018).