Dr.Hab., Professor N.G. Milovanova1
PhD, Associate Professor A.V. Kandaurova2
PhD, Associate Professor I.V. Starodubtseva3
1Tyumen state institute of regional education development, Tyumen
2Tara branch of Omsk State Agrarian University, Tara
3Institute of Physical Culture of Tyumen State University, Tyumen
Every individual have to adapt to the changing social environments by mobilizing own vital resource that is never unlimited. The modern science exploring the ways to save and build up the individual vital resource gives high priority to this issue. Modern education specialists are among the groups particularly vulnerable to the job-specific burnouts due to a variety of factors including: high exposure to every social challenge; fast transformations in the professional service requirements; leadership in the ongoing reforms in the educational system; and high susceptibility to the destructive aspects of the reforms. It is not unusual for the education specialists to come to the personal and professional crises/ burnouts associated with the sagging working capacity, emotionality etc. as described by many education psychology studies by the national and foreign researchers. This article explores the educators’ attitudes to sports as a unique tool to save and build up the individual vital resource in challenging and changing environments. The study demonstrates that the modern education specialists, being fully aware of the potential role of sports in the vital resource management and rehabilitation, are still reluctant to do sports on a habitual basis; with the reluctance normally explained by shortage of time.
Keywords: sports, vital resource, life values, educator, social reforms, job-specific stressors.
- Aleshina S.N. Kultura zdorovya i sport kak sotsialnaya tsennost [Health culture and sport as social value]. Sistema tsennostey sovremennogo obschestva, 2010, no. 10-2, pp. 258-262.
- Balatskiy E.V. Teorii zhiznennykh resursov: modeli i empiricheskie otsenki [Theories of life resources: models and empirical estimates]. Monitoring obshchestvennogo mneniya: ekonomicheskie i sotsialnye peremeny. 2007, no. 2 (82), pp. 124-134.
- Kalinina N.V., Volodina T.V. Razvitie zhiznestoykosti pedagogov v usloviyakh obrazovatelnoy sredy uchrezhdeniya dopolnitelnogo professionalnogo obrazovaniya [Development of teachers’ viability in educational environment of institution of additional vocational education]. Izvestiya Saratovskogo universiteta. Novaya seriya. Ser.: Akmeologiya obrazovaniya. Psikhologiya razvitiya, 2013, vol. 2, no. 3 (7) , pp. 285-289.
- Kuznetsov P.K. Gumanisticheskie tsennosti massovogo sporta kak sredstvo formirovaniya vsestoronne razvitoy lichnosti [Humanistic values of mass sports as a tool to cultivate all-round personality]. Izvestiya Rossiyskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta im. A.I. Gertsena. Obshchestvennye i gumanitarnye nauki. Peer-reviewed scientific journal. St. Petersburg, 2012, no. 152, pp. 164-168.
- Leontyev D.A. Psikhologicheskie resursy preodoleniya stressovykh situatsiy: k utochneniyu bazovykh konstruktov [Psychological resources to overcome stressful situations: basic constructs clarification]. Psikhologiya stressa i sovladayuschego povedeniya v sovremennom rossiyskom obschestve: mater. II Mezhdunar. nauch-prakt. konf. [Psychology of stress and coping behavior in modern Russian society: Proc. II Intern. res.-pract. conf.]. Kostroma, 2010, vol. 2, pp. 40-42.
- Lubysheva L.I. Kak ponimat sovremenny sport? [Modern interpretation of sport]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2015, no. 4, P. 93.
- Manzheley I.V. Vospitatelny potentsial sportivnoy sredy vuza [Educative resource of academic sporting environments]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2017, no. 12, pp. 24-27.
- Nemirovskiy V.G., Nemirovskaya A.V. Zhiznennaya energiya i drugie resursy sotsialnykh subjektov (na materialakh sotsiologicheskikh issledovaniy V Krasnoyarskom krae) [Life energy and other resources of social subjects (based on sociological research in the Krasnoyarsk Territory)]. Monitoring obschestvennogo mneniya, 2014, no. 4 (122), pp. 104-117.
- Hobfoll S.Е. Stress, culture, and community. New York., 1998.
- Matheny K.B., Aycock D.W., Curlette W.L., Junker G.N. The coping resources inventory for stress: A measure of perceived resourcefulness. Journal of Clinical Psychology. 1993. Vol.49, (6), pp. 815 - 830.
- Panachev V. D. Innovative problems of improving the quality of life of the welfare state. International Journal of Environmental and Science Education [Electronic resource]. 2016. Vol. 11, Iss. 12, pp. 5164-5170. Mode of access: - Title from screen., Scopus.
- Zeidner M., Hammer A. Life events and coping resources as predictors of stress symptom in adolescents. Personality Individual Differences. 1990. Vol.11, (7), pp.693-703.