PhD A.I. Golovachev1
PhD V.I. Kolykhmatov1
PhD S.V. Shirokova1
PhD E.A. Gorbunova1
1Russian Federal Research Center of Physical Culture and Sports (VNIIFK), Moscow
The study analyzes the training process design options in elite sprint skiing, with a special emphasis on the strictly managed muscular loads (SMML) that are believed to be of the highest positive effect on the key energy supply systems in the context of the modern competitive requirements. An experimental work under the study was run in the sprinters’ training process. Sampled for the study were the 24-29 year-old elite sprinters (n=7) with a practical competitive experience gained in the 2013-2017 World Championships and 2010-2014 Olympic Games, who qualified and were trained for the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang. The sample annual training cycle was modified to include a variety of SMML. The study data and analyses showed that the 4-5 to 7-8 ms SMML with intensities above the anaerobic threshold and accelerations in the finishing stage are of the highest training effect on the oxidizing and lactate energy generation systems functionalities.
Keywords: ski races. sprint, elite cross-country skiers, training process, competitive activity, strictly managed muscular loads.
- Golovachev A.I., Kolykhmatov V.I., Shirokova S.V. Dinamika intensivnosti sorevnovatelnoy deyatelnosti vysokokvalifitsirovannykh lyzhnikov-gonshchikov v zabegakh klassicheskogo i konkovogo sprinta [Dynamics of intensity of competitive activity of elite cross-country skiers in classical and skate sprint races]. Aktualnye problemy sportivnoy nauki, Moscow, 2017, pp. 55-71.
- Golovachev A.I., Kolykhmatov V.I., Shirokova S.V. Osobennosti sorevnovatelnoy deyatelnosti v sprinterskikh gonkakh na lyzhnykh trassakh zimnikh Olimpiyskikh igr 2018 goda v Phenchhane (Respublika Koreya) [Specifics of competitive activity in sprint races on 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang (Republic of Korea)]. Uchenye zapiski un-ta im. P.F. Lesgafta, 2017, no. 9 (151), pp. 48-55.
- Golovachev A.I., Kolykhmatov V.I., Shirokova S.V. Postroenie trenirovochnogo protsessa vysokokvalifitsirovannykh lyzhnikov-sprinterov na zaklyuchitelnom etape podgotovki k krupneyshim sorevnovaniyam [Training process design at final pre-season stage in elite cross-country skiing]. Vestnik sportivnoy nauki. Moscow, 2017, no. 4, pp. 3-8.
- Kolykhmatov V.I. Razvitie spetsialnoy vynoslivosti vyisokokvalifitsirovannykh lyzhnikov-gonshchikov, spetsializiruyushchikhsya v sprinterskikh vidakh gonok, v godichnom tsikle podgotovki [Building special endurance in elite sprint cross-country skiers in annual training cycle]. PhD diss.. Moscow, 2014, 228 p.
- Kolykhmatov V.I., Golovachev A.I., Shirokova S.V. Osobennosti sorevnovatelnoy deyatelnosti lyzhnikov-gonshchikov vysokoy kvalifikatsii v komandnom sprinte [Features of competitive activity of highliy skilled cross-country skiers in team sprint]. Uchenye zapiski un-ta im. P.F. Lesgafta. St. Petersburg, 2015, no. 7 (125), pp. 94-100.