PhD, Associate Professor A.M. Burkova1
Master student Е.S. Yagudina1
1Ural Federal University n.a. the first President of Russia B.N. Yeltsin, Yekaterinburg
The study analyzes the practical mass online physical education course (MOPEC) application experience under the academic Physical Education Theory and Practice discipline in the mixed bachelor training model at Tyumen State University, with a special attention to the design and content of the new course; its implementation stages; acknowledgement of the new course by the students; and bottlenecks in its practical implementation process. The study shows benefits of the MOPEC as verified by the growing interest of the students and relevance for their education needs; high efficiency of the education tools; and the great resource that may be used to support other academic education curricula.
It is underlined that the study data and findings need to be further analyzed and supported by further studies. On the one hand, the MOPEC provides ample opportunities for educational experiments and professional progress, with its integration in the academic Physical Education Theory and Practice discipline welcomed by the academic community as highly relevant for the new challenges, students’ expectations and needs and offering a great development resource. On the other hand, it should be emphasized that an online education course should neither be viewed as a mechanical substitute for the academic education formats and hours, nor as an excuse for the staff reduction initiatives. It should rather be applied as an extra service tool to improve the academic staff service efficiency, manage academic load etc. i.e. neither MOPEC format may be viable enough unless duly controlled and advanced by the academic personnel.
Keywords: physical education, students, mass open online course, MOPEC, mixed training model.
- Bazanova E.M., Sokolova E.E. Massovye onlayn-kursy po akademicheskomu pismu: upravlenie motivatsiey obucheniya studentov [Mass online academic writing courses: management of students' motivation to learn]. Vysshee obrazovanie v Rossii, 2017, no. 2 (209), pp. 99-109.
- Glebova L.N., Platonova Y.A. Multimodalny obrazovatelny tekst massovykh otkrytykh onlayn-kursov (MOOK): rekomendatsii po vizualizatsii kontenta [Multimodal Educational Text of Mass Open online courses: recommendations for content visualization]. Nauchny dialog, 2016,no. 10 (58), pp. 336-348.
- Manzheley I.V., Chernyakova S.N. Fizicheskaya kultura: teoriya i metodika. Uchebno-metodicheskiy kompleks. Rabochaya programma dlya bakalavrov 3-go kursa ochnoy formy obucheniya vsekh napravleniy podgotovki Tyumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Physical education: theory and methodology. Teaching materials. Work program for 3rd year full-time bachelors of all majors of Tyumen State University]. Tyumen, 2015, 32 p.
- Manzheley I.V. Sredovy podkhod v formirovanii sportivnogo stilya zhizni studencheskoy molodezhi [Environmental approach in students' sports lifestyle cultivation]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2016, no. 12, pp. 38-40.
- «Epokha „grinfilda“ v obrazovanii» [“Greenfield Epoch” in Education]. Skolkovo: MSM. October 10 2013: Available at: https://www.skolkovo.ru/public/media/documents/research/education_10_10_... (Accessed 20.01.2017)