Master student M.I. Bulygina1
1Ural Federal University, Yekaterinburg
Every international competitive event always leaves behind the rich economic and socio-cultural heritage that may and must be employed for progress of the host cities and tourist sector. The event hosting stage shall be followed by its heritage management stage that may be interpreted as the project to secure progress in every economic, social, cultural and environmental sector of the host region and nation. A special priority in these efforts will be given to the relevant communication tools (modern PR toolkit) to lure the public attention to and support for the major event and efficiently manage its heritage. The PR toolkit to will be used to implement a multipurpose action plan including, among other things, promotion of the host city in the context of the sport event so as to employ its positive aftereffects to lure the target groups and spur up the flow of investments into the area. The article analyzes the practical experience of the PR management project to promote Yekaterinburg city as a tourist attraction site based on the heritage left behind by the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Keywords: international competitive event, socio-cultural heritage of international competitive events, PR-management of competitive events, sociocultural landscape of city, sport-event marketing.
- Grazhdanskoe obschestvo i megasobyitiya v rossiyskikh gorodakh [Civil society and mega-events in Russian cities [Electronic resource]. Analyt. note. Moscow, 2014. Available at: https://wciom.ru/nauka_i_obrazovanie/ehkspedicii_vciom/
- Davis John A. Effekt Olimpiyskikh igr. Kak sportivny marketing sozdaet silnye brendy [The effect of Olympic Games. How strong brands are created by sports marketing]. 2nd ed., rev., sup.. Moscow: Reed Media, 2013, P. 384.
- Kotlyarov M.A. Megasportivnye meropriyatiya i razvitie territoriy (raboty zarubezhnykh avtorov) [Mega sports events and development of territories (works of foreign authors)]. Scient. ed.. Yekaterinburg, 2015, vol. 1, P. 56.
- Dolles H., Soderman S. Mega-Sporting Events in Asia: Impacts on Society, Business and Management: An Introduction". Asian Business and Management.Palgrave Macmillan, no. 7 -2011. P. 10.
- Preuss H. The conceptualization and measurement of mega sport event legacies. Journal of Sport & amp- Tourism, no. 12, 2012, pp. 207–227.