Dr.Med. T.A. Shilko1
1National Research Tomsk State University, Tomsk
2Wushu School "Northern Dragon", Tomsk
The article analyzes the junior Wushu competitors’ physical progress and fitness rates. Sampled for the study were the 12 years old Wushu athletes (n=20) from the Siberian Federal District split up into competitive groups as follows: (1) Taolu Chaquan, Daoshu, Gunshu; (2)Taolu Chaquan, Tzianshu, Cianshu; (3) Taolu Nanquan, Nandao, Nangun; and (4) Taolu Taiqihuan, Taiquizian, Zianshu. The study data have not found any significant differences in gender group anthropometrics, albeit the first three groups were tested with the highest flexibility, strength, endurance and speed rates versus the fourth group. The Taiquizian group was tested with the highest coordination qualities in the sample.
Keywords: Wushu, junior athletes, physical development, physical fitness.
- Muzrukov G.N. Osnovy ushu [The basics of Wushu]. Moscow: Gorodets publ., 2006, 577 p.
- Rukosuev D.A. Gibkost sportsmenov ushu 10-12 let razlichnoy kvalifikatsii [Flexibility of wushu competitors aged 10-12 years of different skill levels]. Vektor nauki Tolyattinskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. 2015, no. 3-2 (33-2), pp. 311-316.
- Seredenko I.A. Teoriya i metodika ushu [Theory and methodology of Wushu].Moscow: Ravnovesie publ., 2015.
- Shilko T.A., Smolina A.A. Opredelenie optimalnoy struktury i soderzhaniya protsessa podgotovki yunykh sportsmenov, zanimayushchikhsya ushu, na trenirovochnom etape [Optimal structure and content of training process in youth wushu at preparatory phase].Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2016, no. 2, pp. 91-93.
- Lubysheva L.I., Zagrevskaya A.I. Kinesiological approach as methodology of modern sports science and practice. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury. 2015. no. 12. P. 3-5.