PhD, Associate Professor N.S. Shumova1
PhD, Associate Professor N.S. Babieva2
PhD, Dr.Hab., Professor Y.V. Baykovskiy1
1Russian State University of Physical Education, Sports, Youth and Tourism (SCOLIPE), Moscow
2I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University under Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation (Sechenov University), Moscow
Objective of the study was to analyze benefits of the proposed self-rating capacity building model that includes the following three stages: preparatory stage; motivational stage; and self-rating capacity building and progress testing stage. 15-16 year-old female volleyball players qualified Class I were sampled for the study. Progress of the sample was tested by the Dembo-Rubinstein Test adapted by A.M. Prikhozhan; and analyzed using 6 tables to rate the following three key techniques: overhead pass/ set; underarm pass/ receive; and attack/ spike; with the sample progress data processed using the standard mathematical statistics toolkit. The self-rating capacity building model with a set of objective progress self-rating criteria was found beneficial as verified by the sample progress in the sport mastery and personality growth components even when the external progress ratings were not accurate enough.
Keywords: objective and subjective progress rating criteria, self-rating, ambitions.
- Artemyeva E.Y. Osnovy psikhologii subjektivnoy semantiki [Fundamentals of psychology of subjective semantics].Moscow: Nauka; Smysl publ., 1999, 350 p.
- Artemyeva E.Y. Psikhologiya subjektivnoy semantiki [Psychology of subjective semantics]. Moscow: MSU publ., 1980, 128 p.
- Babieva N.S., Zhog V.I., Tarabakina L.V. Metodologiya organizatsionnoy psikhologii [Methodology of organizational psychology]. Study guide. Moscow: MPSU; Prometey publ., 2013, 175 p.
- Popov A.L., Shumova N.S. Preemstvennost subjektivnosti i objektivnosti otsenok rezultatov v izbrannom vide sporta pri osvoenii psikhologii studentami fizkulturnogo vuza [Continuity of subjectivity and objectivity of result assessment in chosen sport in students’ psychology learning process in sports institution]. Teoriya i praktika fiz. kultury, 2006, no. 6, pp. 12-14.
- Shumova N.S., Baykovskiy Y.V. Komponenty psikhicheskoy deyatelnosti sportsmenov i ih rol v obespechenii nadezhnosti deystviy v ekstremalnykh usloviyakh [Components of athletes’ mental activity and their role in reliability of actions under extreme conditions]. Ulyanovsk: Zebra publ., 2018, 99 p.