PhD, Associate Professor I.V. Nikolaeva1
PhD, Associate Professor Y.V. Shikhovtsov1
PhD, Associate Professor L.A. Ivanova1
Dr.Hab., Associate Professor G.A. Khrustalev2
1Samara State University of Economics, Samara
2Tula State University, Tula
The study analyzes a variety of the competitive game situations in volleyball based on the study data obtained by monitoring of elite men’s and women’s volleyball matches (n=48) of the Russian Championship in the period of 2016-17. Our analysis of the available special literature on the subject showed the issues of technical and tactical defense actions being still underexplored. It was noted that the success of defense in real competitions is still by far short of the model characteristics of elite basketball players. A special subject to analysis was the numbers of theoretically possible game situations in the offense-reception and offense-defense systems that were computed to amount to 288 and 9,072, respectively. The competitive process monitoring in elite volleyball made it possible to find and analyze the standard game situations in the offense-reception and offense-defense systems estimated at 8 and 18, respectively.
Keywords: volleyball, offense, serve, defense, reception, system.
- Belyaev A.V., Savin M.V. Voleybol [Volleyball]. Textbook for students of physical education institutions. Moscow: Terra Sport, TVT Divizion publ., 2009, 360 p.
- Guba V.P., Rodin A.V. Voleybol v universitete: Teoreticheskoe i uchebno-metodicheskoe obespechenie sistemyi podgotovki studentov v sportivnom klube [University Volleyball: Theoretical and educational-methodical support of students' training system in sports club]. Teaching aid. Moscow: Sovetskiy sport publ., 2009, 168 p.
- Guba V.P., Marinich V.V. Teoriya i metodika sovremennykh sportivnykh issledovaniy [Theory and methods of modern sports research]. Moscow: Sport publ., 2016, 230 p.
- Zheleznyak Y.D., Ivoylov A.V. Voleybol [Volleyball]. Textbook for physical education institutions. Moscow: Fizkultura i sport publ., 2006, 240 p.
- Ivoylov A.V. Voleybol [Volleyball]. Textbook for students of physical education institutions. Minsk: Vysheyshaya shkola publ., 2007, 260 p.
- Kareva Y.Y., Nikolaeva I. V., Shikhovtsov Y.V. Effektivny priem podachi - zalog uspekha v voleybolnom sorevnovanii [Effective serve return - key to success in volleyball competition]. Izvestiya Instituta sistem upravleniya SGEU, 2018, no. 1 (17), pp. 20-22.
- Kudinova Y.V., Shikhovtsov Y.V., Nikolaeva I.V. et al K voprosu o sovershenstvovanii takticheskikh deystviy i vzaimodeystviy voleybolistov v zaschite: prakticheskiy aspekt [On improving defense tactical actions and interactions of volleyball players: the practical aspect]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta, 2017, no. 3 (145), pp. 118-124.
- Kleshchev Y.N. Voleybol [Volleyball]. Moscow: Fizkultura i sport publ., 2012, 92 p.
- Nikolaeva I.V., Shikhovtsov Y. V., Ivanova L.A. Sovremenny podkhod k metodike formirovaniya navykov priema podachi u kvalifitsirovannykh voleybolistov [Modern approach to serve return skill building technique in skilled volleyball players]. Samara: SSUE publ., 2015, 116 p.
- Shulyatyev V.M., Saryglar G.D. Voleybol: teoriya, metodika, praktika [Volleyball: theory, methodology, practice]. Omsk: ASTU publ., 2005, 82 p.