Postgraduate I.V. Aksarin1
PhD, Associate Professor I.Yu. Aksarina1
Dr.Sc.Psych., Professor B.P. Yakovlev2
1Yugra State University, Khanty-Mansiysk
2Surgut State University, Surgut
The study analyzes benefits of a new technical mastery and efficiency rating model in application to junior basketball players. Junior (10-12 year-old, n=40) basketball players from the V.N. Promin Children and Youth Olympic Reserve School (CYORS) in Omsk were sampled for the model testing experiment; with the sample split up into Experimental (EG) and Reference (RG) Groups of 20 people each. The RG was trained under the standard CYSS/ CYORS training program; and the EG was trained under the same program complemented by the technical mastery and efficiency rating model with the training process customized to the functional asymmetry measurements using a set of technical mastery and efficiency rating criteria. The criteria were used to rate the key techniques including ball handling, passing and shooting skills. The sample progress in the experiment was rated by 6 top-professional trainer-instructors of the V.N. Promin CYORS plus 4 top-professional trainer-instructors from other educational establishments. The study showed benefits of the new technical mastery and efficiency rating model as verified by the EG versus RG progress in the base techniques due to the training process being customized for the functional asymmetry measurements. The expert valuation method may be recommended to objectively test technical progress by a set of standard exercises and qualify the prospects for group promotions in youth basketball.
Keywords: technical quality, junior basketball players, expert valuation, technical mastery, technique, functional asymmetry.
- Aksarin I.V. Issledovanie effektivnosti metodiki tehnicheskoy podgotovki basketbolistov 10–12 let [Research efficiency of technical training technique of 10-12 year-old basketball players]. Vestnik Chuvashskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta im. I.Ya. Yakovleva, 2016, no. 4 (92), pp. 85-90.
- Aksarin I.V. Model tekhnicheskoy podgotovki yunykh basketbolistov s uchetom funktsionalnoy asimmetrii [Technical training model for junior basketball players with regard to functional asymmetry]. Vestnik Chuvashskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta im. I.Ya. Yakovleva, 2017, no. 4 (96), pp. 58-67.
- Aksarina I.Y., Grigorovich A. A. Obuchenie tekhnicheskim priemam igry v napadenii [Offensive technical training]. Study guide. Khanty-Mansiysk: YSU publ., 2006, 39 p.
- Babushkin G.D., Yakovlev B. P. Psikhologicheskoe obespechenie podgotovki sportsmenov v sisteme mnogoletney sportivnoy trenirovki [Psychological follow-up of athletic training in long-term sports training system] Study guide. Novosibirsk: Sibprint publ., 2018, 266 p.
- Lesgaft P.F. Rukovodstvo po fizicheskomu obrazovaniyu detey shkolnogo vozrasta [Manual on school physical education]. Selected works. Moscow, 1987, [s.n..].
- Chermit K.D. Simmetriya-asimmetriya v sporte [Symmetry-asymmetry in sports]. Moscow: Fizkultura i sport publ., 1992, 256 p.
- Nesterovsky D.I. Basketbol: teoriya i metodika obucheniya [Basketball: theory and teaching methods] Study guide. 3rd ed., Ster .. Moscow: Akademiya publ., 2007, 336 p.
- Yakovlev B.P. Psikhicheskaya nagruzka v sporte vyisshih dostizheniy [Mental load in elite sports]. Surgut: SurSPU publ., 2007, 220 p.